Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cant change the background rotator

• Cant change the background rotator

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • I am not sure what happened- it used to work. I updated to 3.1.8, on joomla 1.5.22.
      I open the manage window- the whole screen in darkened, I make the change in BG, and hit save. The screen stays dark, and the white area becomes a long wide box, with nothing in it. Nothing happens, no changes are saved.

I looked at the debug threads, and if I set it at YES (both), then I lose the ability to make any changes. When i hit "Manage", nothing happens.

Any advise???!!! Kat (the wonder woman) shed some light for please!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for the time.
      Erick
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Cant change the background rotator

• hi there,

he, nice. :)

which version of panacea are you using? latest version of gantry will not work properly with older version of the template, so a template update if needed most likely will fix your issue.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

he, nice. :)

which version of panacea are you using? latest version of gantry will not work properly with older version of the template, so a template update if needed most likely will fix your issue.

• Re: Cant change the background rotator

• this is all it says on the bottom of the template edit area:
      Changelog

Version 1.5.0

Initial Release

• I updated the template to 1.5.5. No I have little question marks next to the name of the template when I am in the config section. The save and cancel buttons also have some scripting in them. I still have the same problem.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Fingerless Fred wrote:
      I updated the template to 1.5.5. No I have little question marks next to the name of the template when I am in the config section. The save and cancel buttons also have some scripting in them. I still have the same problem.
      hi again,

how did you update?
      did you uninstall the old one and reinstalled the new one or did you overwrite the files via ftp?
      if it is the 2nd option, maybe some files got corrupt, in that case just try again.

• I unistalled first. DL'd the new template (only) since I have Gantry installed already. Is it possible that i can ftp into the dir and delete the entire template folder- then reinstall again? Would this make a difference? I dont get why I have "?" next to the titles of the template. I can PM you the credentials if you like. The site isnt public yet...

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds