Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How do I save my work as a template

• How do I save my work as a template

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • I've been studying Gantry and experimenting with it's various features. One thing I've not found how to do is save what I've done as a template file. Perhaps I'm not searching keywords properly, because it seems that information should be here somewhere. What I'm doing is designing on my laptop and want to install what I've done as a template on my client's web site. I thought I had found some information a couple weeks ago but cannot find it back again now that I need it. Do I just zip the template directory and all it's subs into a file?

TIA for all clues.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: How do I save my work as a template

• Use Akeeba Backup to move the site:

www.akeebabackup.com/

It will save the entire template, contents, and database and create an installer.
    • Thanks,
      jim
  • Re: How do I save my work as a template

• Yes, Akeeba is a great product and I use it on all my web sites. It has definitely save my bacon many times. For a brand new site this would be a great option, but the client has a large amount of content already and I was wanting so simply install my custom template on his web site.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Back up his site, install it on your localhost, apply your template, then reverse the process.

Unless I am misunderstanding... :shock:
    • Thanks,
      jim
  • Re: How do I save my work as a template

• What I was hoping I could do was install a template that I create with Gantry Framework on my client's web site just like I would install a template on my client's web site that I buy and download from Rocket Theme.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

just install the original gantry template onto your clients site and then overwrite the files in ../templates/rt_gantry_j15/... with the ones that you find on your own install.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds