Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Parameter missing?

• Gantry Parameter missing?

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • I was looking for how to force certain positions to show up int he gantry layout. I am working with content-top a. I went in to advanced to try to force them to show and, well, it was missing! Maintop and Mainbottom is there. Mainbody is available under layout. But where is the content-? sections? they don't show up anywhere in either of those sections. Did someone forget? Are they not worthy of being included? :cry:

If you can force every other position, why can you not force those. This all stems from a problem with me not being able to show content positions or sidebar positions when I have modules NOT published on every menu item. It's very annoying because I want to only have certain things show up on certain menu items. Gantry just doesn't pick it up that there is a module published there at all!

Okay, tell me how to force these on so I can make it be forced on those items where this is not working at all.
  • Re: Gantry Parameter missing?

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • anybody got any information on this? Having MAJOR issues and need to see if there is a resolution. Do I need to post somewhere else?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry Parameter missing?

• hi there,

content-top and content-bottom positions are special, they are strongly dependent on the mainbody position itself and therefore their width gets calculated depending on the width of the mainbody. there is no option to use force positions on the mainbody, the content-top and content-bottom positions and the sidebars. that's because of their very specific nature.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry Parameter missing?

• TimesTwoTechnology wrote:
      This all stems from a problem with me not being able to show content positions or sidebar positions when I have modules NOT published on every menu item. It's very annoying because I want to only have certain things show up on certain menu items. Gantry just doesn't pick it up that there is a module published there at all!

Okay, tell me how to force these on so I can make it be forced on those items where this is not working at all.
      what exactly is your issue there, do you have a link?

you mean certain modules that are published to certain pages just do not show?
      in that case force positions wouldn't help anyways. not sure though i understand your problem correctly.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds