Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Bug when trying to add new widgets to an override?

• Bug when trying to add new widgets to an override?

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • Stock WP 3.0.3 + Gantry 1.9 + the current version of RT-Dominion theme...

Whenever I try to add widgets to a new position for an override, I have to enable-disable-reenable the position before I can drag-n-drop widgets onto it. The workaround is trivial, so I'm not anticipating a rapid-turn bugfix -- but it's annoying because I keep forgetting, usally @ oh-dark-thirty when it's guaranteed to be the most frustrating. :cry: Is this a known thing? I keep looking for the fine manual-equivalent for WP, but the GF website seems to be written by Joomla snobs, but I guess maybe there isn't a WP-specific FM to RT?. 8) It took me a while to figure out that overrides were the solution I was looking for a problem for.

Also, Gantry-powered themes seem to make PHP on Windows servers cry... After a day or so of use (shared hosting environment while prototyping) various core PHP scripts begin timing out consistently and it renders the site virtually unusable from the public facing or admin side. Had to switch back over to a Linux box for this project for the first time in years. :shock: I suspect there're problems in the PHP implementation for IIS which Gantry steps on, since the same PHP seems to be well-behaved on Apache, and I have never had problems with WP 3.x on Windows/IIS before. Who knows?

I didn't see posts on either subject in the forum, so I'm just dropping my whining here in case it helps somebody else in the future who is looking for a resolution to the same two issues.
  • Re: Bug when trying to add new widgets to an override?

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Hi David,

That drag&drop widgets in overrides issues is fixed and since you're using the Gantry 1.9 - this should be working just fine. Is this happening for our other themes that you use on the Gantry 1.9 ?

Regarding the Overrides, Layouts and other important things - the tutorials are present as the demo content or the sticky topics in the forums of specific themes ;)

About the IIS servers - we weren't having any other posts about issues with IIS so that's a little bit odd. I'm going to ask our Gantry developer about that.

Thanks
      Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
  • Re: Bug when trying to add new widgets to an override?

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Sorry for the severe lag, Jakub. The new year ran away with me, and I didn't get a notification from the forum... I just went looking for a gantry SDK that documents all its features and figured I'd poke around in here.

The site in question is wuldorstrond.com/

The only theme that I currently use is Dominion. The number 3 preset, I think. I have not fiddled with the widget layout since I posted this, but it was easily reproducible. I don't have a license for Camtasia, or I'd record it for you...

I have not had any of the sporadic page performance problems since switching to Linux hosting. (Makes me a little sad, since I work for MSFT during the day, but c'est la vie.)

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds