Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 3.1.5 frozen template admin

• Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

Gantry 3.1.5 frozen template admin

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • Well searched and troubleshot for 4 or so hours to try and find why my template admin stopped working in FF, then after switching to IE ...It was working for a while and stopped in that too,

Been though the gantry troubleshooting thread enough to give me a headache. So appreciate any tips for what to look for next. Oh, yes tried firebug as suggested in the trouble shooting thread however when i turn it on as instructed the gantry admin panel will not load at all....so unable to see errors to find solutions to.

Gantry 3.1.5
      php 5.2.8
      Paradox 1.5.0 RT launcher, fresh install.

I do have sobi2 installed and there is one error I was able to raise, but searching for a solution to that has gone no where.

Site is offline but happy to provide a login via PM for someone that wants to help.

thanks
    • Black & White must be making a come back
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Gantry 3.1.5 frozen template admin

• Hi Krazza,

Please feel free to PM me with temporary Super Admin access and I will see if I can find a solution for you.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks David PM is sent
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

Think I have nailed it. (says he crossing fingers)

I had the same problems as you did so I checked all the usual bits such as permissions, memory etc. but all were fine.

Next stop was global config to see if SEF was on, as this can cause problems. All OK there too.

Final stop was to turn off the ftp layer and since then I have been able to amend and save template admin without a problem.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks David, didnt think it would be that, a conflict with a core Joomla function????. Shouldnt that be alarm bell to the crew here?

I dont want to say its solved as I have already gone back and had the same issue occur and then a third time it was ok, so im suspecting a session or cache issue is also a possibility. I will leave that admin login live should you want to go back, or any other RT staff.

thanks.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Thanks for the feedback Krazza :)

I have had this problem with other templates and components so it isn't unusual. I think various server settings can also become part of the problem, even with core elements.

I will keep my eye open on this thread in case it continues to be an issue for you.

Cheers for now.

• Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hmmm, David I going to respect your comments of course, however understand I never have had a Joomla core FTP issue on this server with a vanilla install before so the core mashing with the framework and coming out worse off shows we are perhaps not addressing the root cause. If you get my drift.?

But anyway thanks, i will see how it goes, i dont expect I will go in there much after its done but its a pain to deal with whilst trying to get some work done.

And btw,good luck on your move to the 'dark side'.

Cheers
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• No problem Krazza,

If I could write the code I wouldn't be a mod because I'd be too busy :cheesy:

And of course I understand your comments about core etc. but like most things software - there will always be issues. If we can find solutions without compromising security then we are all happy.

With so many variations in browsers and the way they handle code I am surprised the dev team ever get a template released let alone working across most browsers in most circumstances :cheesy:

Thanks again.

• Re: Gantry 3.1.5 frozen template admin

• I had the same problem where I had a few of my websites' Gantry template administrator frozen.

After a long research and many hours of searching the culprit for me was Cache Cleaner v1.3 which caused Gantry admin to freeze

I am not saying this is the reason for everyone but I did a clean 1.5.22 install with Gantry 3.15 and added templates, modules, and plugins that I use until I found the culprit - Then went back unistalled Cache Cleaner v1.3 and all was well

Clean Cleaner has a later version 1.6 which works fine (They made it MooTools 1.2 compatible in version 1.4)

Greg

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds