Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Images resize themselves

• Images resize themselves

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • I am using a simple contacts creator (grumpy contacts) and contacted the programmer there and he said gantry was causing the problem with my images resizing in contacts. It squashes the image when first loaded but if you refresh the page the image comes in fine. Why would this happen even if it isn't gantry? There is no code i can find anywhere to cause this in the cgrumpy component or gantry and am very confused can someone help?
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Images resize themselves

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • That should be connected to the smartloading-feature. Disable that in the gantry settings to see if that is the reason ..
    • Rob Went
    • Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • This happens on many of my sites. Bit of a shame as it's a great feature.

There is a lazyloader plugin in the JED which works well with RT templates but uses jquery, I'm not a fan of loading more librarys than necessary.
    • http://www.robertwent.com
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• You can always soves the issue by ...

a.) ... using the width and height attributes for images (You should always do that)
      b.) ... using the "exclude"-list for this feature
    • Rob Went
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks Henning,

I do normally specify image dimensions, the problem is more with modules and components that automatically resize images.

Eg, I built one k2mart store where the latest products are shown on the homepage, the original images vary in size and get resized to the width but have different heights.

I'm not too clear on the exclude feature, but definatley something to look into.

Thanks

Rob
    • http://www.robertwent.com

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds