Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry throwing error on account activation

• Gantry throwing error on account activation

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Hi,

My multisite install is now throwing errors when a user clicks their account activation link.

I get this:

An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Gantry: Please set current configuration before using $gantry["config"]") in "@nucleus/page_head.html.twig" at line 8.

When I switch to a non-gantry theme it works just fine. I tried this with base/original theme install and got the same issue, so I am pretty sure it is not my customisations.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry throwing error on account activation

• Can you please tell us how to recreate the error? How is your multisite configured, what themes are you using... did you use a RocketLauncher at any point? What generates the email that's sent to the user?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Gantry throwing error on account activation

• I was able to duplicate this on a fresh site. Brand new install, activated multisite subdomain. Only things installed are gantry, timber, and interstellar theme.

Any time you access your-domain.com/wp-activate.php you get the error. The main reason for accesing this page is of course to activate a new user on a site. When an administrator adds as user from the admin WP multi-site sends them an email with a an activation link. That link goes to the wp-activate.php along with a key code.

It works fine when the theme is not activated, but crashes when with it.

On my main install I get a "pretty" gantry/timber error page, but on my clean install I just get a php error as follows (sanitized):

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Gantry\Framework\Gantry' not found in /.../public/wp-content/themes/rt_interstellar/header.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /.../public/wp-includes/template.php(572): require_once() #1 /.../public/wp-includes/template.php(531): load_template('/.../users/dev1...', true) #2 /.../public/wp-includes/general-template.php(45): locate_template(Array, true) #3 /.../public/wp-activate.php(67): get_header('wp-activate') #4 {main} thrown in /.../public/wp-content/themes/rt_interstellar/header.php on line 18

I tried this with both PHP7 and 5.6, both resulted in errors.

I have posted full credentials to this dev site in the secure ticket.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry throwing error on account activation

• Thank you for the details. It appears we did have this issue posted to our GitHub a little while back, which is the best place for the Devs to check it out.

github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/942

I'll see if I can get it some renewed attention
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds