Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry functions break The Events Calendar

• Bob Jaffe
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Gantry functions break The Events Calendar

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I Know plugin compatability is just a general issue in the wordpress world and is nearly impossible to account for every plugin out there, but given the extreme widespread usage of "The Events Calendar" by Modern Tribe, I would like to bring to your attention the fact that the date search function on the events calendar breaks after a single date search (cant search twice without a refresh inbetween) only when a rocket theme is activated (ive noticed this on every single site I have (and they all use rocket themes). This has not been a problem up until now, I have a very particular client who insists I fix it. In debug mode, I get the following errors, repeated over and over:

[17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetBranding::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525
      [17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetLoginForm::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525
      [17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetLogo::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525
      [17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetLoginButton::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525
      [17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetPopupButton::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525
      [17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetRecentPosts::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525
      [17-Jun-2016 18:39:55 UTC] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GantryWidgetRecentComments::init() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/640587/1002125/www.cskt-montana-citt.org/web/content/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525

all pointing to the function call on line 525:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Im not sure if this is the exact cause of my issue, but it is literally the only thing in the php error log.
      Is this something I can easily fix by adding a fix similar to the one in this thread?
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4684454/error-message-strict-standards-non-static-method-should-not-be-called-staticall

site: cskt-montana-citt.org
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Bob Jaffe.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry functions break The Events Calendar

• Yeah... I don't see how that could be the issue... it's just a warning, not an error as well which wouldn't break anything...

What version of PHP are you running?

Try isolating your Calendar (is it a widget or a component?) on it's own page in your Gantry Theme with no other widgets and see how it behaves
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Bob Jaffe
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• v 5.6
      Ill walk you through my process earlier, first I disabled the theme, this didnt fix it. I then disabled plugins in groups of 3 until the problem was fixed, which isolated the issue to "RokBox" and "RokAjaxSearch", I was happy thats all it was until I turned everything back on and it still didnt work, disabling the theme, rokbox, and rokajaxsearch together was the only way to fix the issue. no other widgets were used on this page, in fact the default events page for "The Events Calendar" plugin is not a wordpress page at all and has its own separate template. perhaps this helps?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• What theme are you using? Have you tried sticking the Calendar on it's own isolated test page?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds