Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

positioning

• HPEDSB
    • Sr. Rocketeer

positioning

Posted 8 years 3 days ago
    • Is there a way to put widget under a widget in the same grid?
      I want to have 50% - 50% where the left hand side is full height but the 2 right hand sides are only 50% each type of thing. I know I could do this using html but I don't have a shortcode for my widget to add in. I don't see a separator option.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 days ago by HPEDSB.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: positioning

Posted 8 years 3 days ago
    • HPEDSB
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 18 hours ago
    • Can I add a sidebar to the showcase position or does it have to be in the container. I see in the container how this would work but my "blocks" are currently set up in the showcase.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 8 years 16 hours ago
    • The only Section like that in G5 Themes release to-date (that I can think of) is "Main/Sidebar" -- some Themes have an "Aside" Section in the same wrapper.

You may be able to create/modify/override a Layout file to accomodate another Sidebar-style Section next to your current Showcase Section with a wrapper container around both of them... Creating a custom Layout file is beyond the scope of support here, but there is documentation up on docs.gantry.org related to it.

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-layout-presets

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/file-overrides

If it were me, I'd probably just use the Main/Sidebar Section... you can add as many Grids to both Sidebar or Main that you want effectively allowing it to contain you entire site if you want... assuming you wanted a sidebar across your entire site of course... but yeah, just add the new Grids that you need via the Admin.

This does seem to imply it's possible to have the sidebar span multiple Sections:

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/layout...bar-blocks-and-grids

YAML is a very simply markup'esque language... take a look at your current Layout file, there's not much to it... hope those links help! :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 16 hours ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds