Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED gantry.php on line 35 when installing Galatea

• Ore N
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED gantry.php on line 35 when installing Galatea

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I just tried to install the Galatea theme, and I am getting the following errors
      <web directory>/public_html/wp-content/themes/rt_galatea/includes/gantry.php on line 35
      <web directory>/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/src/vendor/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php on line 96

The server is running PHP Version 5.6.19
      This error pop-up after I installed Gantry, and was in the process of activating the Timber plugin.

Any assistance would be appreciated
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ore N.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: gantry.php on line 35 when installing Galatea

• Instlall Timber BEFORE Gantry 5

Also, you've provided the line of the error but not the actual error... what's the actual error?

Lastly, if this is a new site I'd HIGHLY recommend you use the RocketLauncher package
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Ore N
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Here's the full error message

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Is there a way to uninstall Timer & Gantry at this point (maybe delete the themes)? I'd like to avoid reinstalling WP.
      Thanks,
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• The RocketLauncher installs EVERYTHING, including WordPress... and it sets up all the Demo Content... I'd still recommend you go that route.

Yes, you can deactivate both Timber and Gantry from the Plugins Manager then Delete each of them. Both can then be searched out in the Plugins manager and reinstalled
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Ore N
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Unfortunately, I can't access wp-admin or any aspect of the WP.
      All I have left is file and DB access.

Thanks,
    • Ore N
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I setup a clean install of WP, however, when I try and activate the child theme, I get the following error message.
      Failed to load theme: Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed

When I activate the parent theme (Galatea), I also get thee following error message
      The www.my_domain.org page isn’t working
      www.my_domain.org is currently unable to handle this request.

I would prefer to install the template manually to we can pick and choose what we use on the site.
      Thanks,
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Server 500 errors are pure server errors, not software errors... check your Apache Error Log to see what the root cause might be

Child Themes are supported but you don't need them in Gantry 5... you can control the layout of every page within the Gantry admin very easily
    • Ore N
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• That doesn't look like the right log

it should be

/var/log/apache/logs/error_log
      or
      /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

and you're looking for a line that notes a 500 message was returned... then see what precedes that

.... I'd still recommend trying the RocketLauncher... it won't create too much clutter and it's easier to delete stuff than add stuff in my experience ;)
    • Ore N
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds