Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particles across all outlines

• Jain
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Particles across all outlines

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Ok, so here are some of the problems I am having with Gantry 5.

1. If I need multiple outlines, to change a specific section on different pages on the site, the particles for the global sections of the site, for example the menu, logo and footer, are loaded into each outline (if you duplicate an existing outline). The problem with this is that if I need to change something on any of these particles, I have to go into every outline and change each one. That's fine if you only have 2 or 3 outlines, but I find myself having to have to create quite a few if I just want to make a tweak here and there on different pages or sections. In Gantry 4, the default widgets were loaded in every override unless they were specifically overridden. Are there any plans to implement a similar system in Gantry 5? It was one of the massive draws for Gantry 4 because it significantly reduced development time and made making changes extremely easy. I could add one widget and an entire section of the site would be finished.

2. Gantry doesn't cater much to customising a "blog" design. I can create outlines that apply to particular categories, but there are no options to edit the layout of the blog posts themselves and I have to resort to CSS. This also increases my development time a lot - in Gantry 4 there were options for column layouts, leading posts, the ability to remove comments on different overrides etc. Again, is this something that is going to be looked at in future releases?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Particles across all outlines

• 1) Outline inheritance will be released with Gantry 5.4 along with some other nice features to make what you're describing a thing of the past...

github.com/gantry/gantry5/wiki/Gantry-5-...tion-and-Time-Travel

2) You can turn Comments on/off via the Content Tab... Features can be requested/tracked on our GitHub as well -- github.com/gantry/gantry5
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• 2) I did speak with our developer and those features are something that's being tracked and we're hoping to solve for... it was a bit hacky the way it worked in G4 and so we're trying to make sure we implement the cleanest possible approach in G5
    • The following users have thanked you: Jain

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Jain
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• That is such good news - I am really excited to hear these will possibly be features soon. I was a little put off by Gantry 5 initially, but I'm starting to see the real benefits of the framework.

Thanks for your response!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds