Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to make plug-in shortcodes parse content

• KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

How to make plug-in shortcodes parse content

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • How to code plug-ins requiring shortcodes in content and widgets to parse in Gantry Framework? This is a question that needs an answer for our plugin developers connecting to Rocketthemes. What hooks or line of code do we add or edit and to what files(i.e. functions.php)? Where can we find this information? Shortcodes in widgets is enabled but do not parse. We have the latest version of everything. We have also deleted and reinstalled Gantry. Thanks.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: How to make plug-in shortcodes parse content

• The support forums here are for Rocket Theme products, and sure, we try and help with basic Gantry stuff...

Gantry Developer support can be found in Google Groups

www.gantry-framework.org/support
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

• @Matt,

I'm well aware of the purpose of the forums. My product of choice is RocketTheme Vermilion, which requires Gantry to function or the frontend is locked. I have expended a considerable amount of time and energy trying to get a useable clue on how to force shortcodes to parse. I'm confident someone knows the answer because it's not the first time shortcodes don't parse, but I feel it's being withheld.

I had already looked at the Gantry documentation and cannot figure the use of $gantry global in the template or plugin to make content parse in Vermilion. When Gantry is disabled content parses. If Gantry is required by the theme why is it that it isn't supported. I don't understand the logic.

I had already joined the Google groups and the answers are just not there. In fact, there are a number of posts that have not been responded to as far back as 2012. It appears as though the Google group is yet another forum for webmasters to beg for help from other webmasters who have problems of there own to respond.

Regarding my expired membership. I feel as though renewal wouldn't deliver unbiased support to help me solve my problem because the problem lies in the prerequisite deployment of Gantry. No one at your company wants to acknowledge that the dependency on Gantry also requires support using your themes. If I renew, will I receive actionable guidance beyond pointing me back to forums and documentation?

I also provided credentials at the request of support and 11 days later...no response. I would like to salvage my investment in this platform. Thanks.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Why would we purposefully withhold information? That's a bit harsh... I've been around the block and folks here are more helpful than any other template club I've ever come across which was 100% of the reason I decided to pitch in and join the ranks here.

Gantry is GPL. We want people to use it, develop themes/templates with it, and write plugins for it.

If something was broken with one of our themes and it was related to Gantry I promise you we would look into it and resolve it. This is not the case here... you're doing custom development beyond the scope of the Vermilion Theme.

I'll refer to my original post and then clarify that I am not a Gantry developer. I'll ask some other folks to look into this thread.

Gantry 5 is a COMPLETE rewrite, from scratch, and we believe will be a game-changer. It will hopefully be out early next year.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds