0 items Join Now

Layout Settings Not Saving

• Andrew_Smith
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Freelance Web Site Creator & Online Entreprenuer

Layout Settings Not Saving

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Hi Guys,

I am having a few issues with setting up two widgets in the header area. I have the logo and menu both in the header area but they display on top of one another and I want them to be side by side.

When I try to change the layout in the gantry settings or force positions, every time I click save it reverts back to a single position header?

Any ideas how to solve this? If only Wordpress had easy to use module position like Joomla! does :D
    • I tweet @andy_smiff and blog at andysmiff.tumblr.com
      Design by Andy Smiff Web Designer Scotland , powered by Joomla! and Gantry
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Layout Settings Not Saving

• Hi, did you try putting a Gantry Widget Divider between them in the Widget Manager? That is what separates them into different positions. Hope that helps.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: Layout Settings Not Saving

• I am having the same issue. This issue has nothing to do with widgets.

In the Kinetic Theme-> Layout Settings

Every time the page loads it sets the Header at 2 columns 6x6. The default for the template even says 2 columns 3x9.

Also when i change the Feature Position to 3 columns 4x4x4 it always changes them back to 3x2x2x5.

I watched the database table when saving these and it doesn't appear to be getting the values saved to the wp-options table. I have tried both the default settings and an override for the front-page, same on both.

Oh also this is also happening on my win7 local machine & on the web hosting company linux box.

Quick edit: also just tried upgrading to Gantry 1.15

Does anyone have any Advice? or is there a patch?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Did you try what I suggested? Are you using the Gantry Divider Widget? Let me know.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
    • zeebeest
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • I'm experiencing the same problem in J1.5.23 with Gantry 3.1.15 and the default Gantry template. You can use the Gantry Divider Widget but it won't save any of the changes you make. Running on PHP5.2 and Mysql5 on a windows server (experienced no problems before using Gantry).
      It keeps on resetting the layout to the default one. Cahe is off, both in Gantry and Joomla. Clearing Cache does nothing either. Strange thing is, that I don't experience this problem in J1.7. Could it be that the downloadable install files are set to read-only or something (chmod doesn't work on the windows server I use)?
    • zeebeest
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• In my case it appears to be a server-side 'problem': apparently there is some server caching going on, even if all Joomla and Gantry caching is switched off..
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• zeebeest wrote:
      In my case it appears to be a server-side 'problem': apparently there is some server caching going on, even if all Joomla and Gantry caching is switched off..

Hi,

Sorry this is the Gantry for Wordpress forum, please post in www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=485&rb_v=viewforum

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds