Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Centring 2 Menus using Gantry 4

• Centring 2 Menus using Gantry 4

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • I feel a fool but have spent hours trying to do this to no avail.

I have Gantry 4 as the template, and am using RokNavMenu within the template for the main menu at top of page. I then have a Base Menu at bottom of page using a RokNavMenu module, and wish to have this centred. The top menu is already centred using a menu-custom.less file as per other threads on here, but this only seems to work for one menu at a time. I have tried adding a 2nd set of text afterwards in same file, but no effect.

Custom file contains currently:
      #rt-feature .menu-block { float:left; width:100%; position:relative; }
      #rt-feature .menu-block > ul.gf-menu { clear:left; float:right; position:relative; right:50%; text-align:center; width: auto; }
      #rt-feature .menu-block > ul.gf-menu > li { display:block; float:left; position:relative; left:50%; }

I have also tried the following, obviously replacing with chosen location of rt-bottom:

1) from www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-for-joo...w-to-center-menu-bar
      .menu-block {
      position: relative; right: 50% !important;
      }
      ul.gf-menu.l1 {
      float: right; margin-right: -50% !important;
      }

2) from www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extensi...v-in-drawer-position
      div#rt-bottom div.menu-block {float: right;position: relative;right: 50%}
      div#rt-bottom div.menu-block .gf-menu {float: right;margin-right: -50%;}

3) from www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extensi...in-footer-a-position
      #rt-bottom #horizmenu-surround {clear:left;float: left;position: relative;left: 50%;}
      #rt-bottom .menutop {width: auto !important;float: left;position: relative;right: 50%;}

I have placed these texts in a gantry-custom.less file and a template-custom.less file, but nothing seemed to have worked. I'm sure it is something small done wrong - as always! - and would welcome any help. The site in question can be seen at sola-fellowship.org.uk/index.php .
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Centring 2 Menus using Gantry 4

• I'm getting an error:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at sola-fellowship.org.uk/index.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
  • Re: Centring 2 Menus using Gantry 4

• Strange! Worked fine when I checked. Just to be safe, I went and restarted the VPS services. All OK this end, and slightly faster loading time now too.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• David Cattermole wrote:
      Strange! Worked fine when I checked. Just to be safe, I went and restarted the VPS services. All OK this end, and slightly faster loading time now too.
      Hmm...all these are unreachable for me:
      sola-fellowship.org.uk/index.php
      sola-fellowship.org.uk/index.php
      www.sola-fellowship.org.uk/index.php

Might you have some IP Blacklist active?

• I checked, and although I do have Brute Force Stop IP blocking tool, no attacks registered so no IP's blocked. However, it looks like I had jHackGuard installed, which doesn't seem to be supported anymore and probably out of date. That may have been conflicting for some strange reason. Have deleted it - which in itself was fun as when the component was deleted, the plugin stopped all access to Joomla admin! Quick trip to mySQL later, plugin also deleted and access restored.

All being well, you should have access now. I have access, but my IP has been whitelisted. I have also blocked any registrations from yandex.ru, but this shouldn't affect simple browsing. If there's still an issue with access, will have to have a rethink.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

I checked, and although I do have Brute Force Stop IP blocking tool, no attacks registered so no IP's blocked. However, it looks like I had jHackGuard installed, which doesn't seem to be supported anymore and probably out of date. That may have been conflicting for some strange reason. Have deleted it - which in itself was fun as when the component was deleted, the plugin stopped all access to Joomla admin! Quick trip to mySQL later, plugin also deleted and access restored.

All being well, you should have access now. I have access, but my IP has been whitelisted. I have also blocked any registrations from yandex.ru, but this shouldn't affect simple browsing. If there's still an issue with access, will have to have a rethink.

Checking http://network-tools.com/

67.211.37.208 is from United States (US) in region North America

Input: sola-fellowship.org.uk
      canonical name: sola-fellowship.org.uk
      Registered Domain: sola-fellowship.org.uk

Retrieving DNS records for sola-fellowship.org.uk...
      Attempt to get a DNS server for sola-fellowship.org.uk failed: sola-fellowship.org.uk The query returned a server failureWhois query for sola-fellowship.org.uk...

The DNS server error seems serious.

• Apologies for that, was actually unaware of DNS issues as was working well with me. Have now reset the nameservers with the registrar, and all appears to be well, at least as far as Network Tools seems to show.

Can you please try again?
      :)
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Apologies for that, was actually unaware of DNS issues as was working well with me. Have now reset the nameservers with the registrar, and all appears to be well, at least as far as Network Tools seems to show.

Can you please try again?
      :)

Yes Network Tools looks good but now I'm seeing this:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds