Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hidden menu item not using assigned template style

• Hidden menu item not using assigned template style

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I'm not sure whose problem this is and I already have a thread on the VirtueMart forum. Here is the situation. I have a Gantry 4 site with a template override for the home page which basically only displays the main body output. The site also has VirtueMart configured. I have a hidden menu item created for the shopping cart view which explicity assigns the master template (non-override style). However after adding a product to the shopping cart you are presented with a popup giving you the option to continue shopping or view the cart. Regardless of which option you choose you get a page with the home page template style. For now I am focused on the view the cart option because I have a hidden menu option which I thought would take precedence.

Here is a link to a page with products - zclientdev.com/solfairtrade/fair-trade-p...d-bags/shopping-bags

Gantry 4.1.29
      Joomla 3.4.4
      VirtueMart 3.0.10

Is there a way to force the template style in this situation?

Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Hidden menu item not using assigned template style

• For the hidden menu technique to work the url of the page has to exactly matche the hidden menu item (so that in turn the correct template is used) If you can't create a hidden menu item with the correct url then you will need to use a product such as "advanced module manager" from nonumber which gives you far greater control.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Hidden menu item not using assigned template style

• Thank you MrT for your reply. I understand that the URL must match so the technique should work for the Show Cart option but it is not. The Show Cart URL is short and concise - index.php?com_virtuemart&view=cart.

I will look into the nonumber extension as I may need that for the Continue Shopping option!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes try out AMM from NoNumber - it should help you to resolve this.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Hidden menu item not using assigned template style

• Hi Mark,

I installed AMM Pro and it solved the template problem for the Continue Shopping option however the View Shopping Cart option still has the problem of using the homepage override template.

- Tim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I would ask NoNumber then - I'm sure they'll be able to suggest something to tackle that.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds