Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Socialbuttons/facebook link opens in same window ..

• Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Socialbuttons/facebook link opens in same window ..

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hi,

I am using Gantry framework 4.1.29 coming with ceruelan template for joomla.

Unter Features/socialbuttons I entered a facebook link.
      But unfortunately clicking in the "f" in Joomla opens the facebook link in the same window so that the current joomla site is left.

How can I use the socialbutton in Gantry and make sure that clicking on that button opens a new window?

Best regards
      Ulrike
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Socialbuttons/facebook link opens in same window ..

• roksocialbuttons always opens links in the same page. If you want to change this to be a new windows then you would need to hack roksocialbuttons.php in /plugins/content/roksocialbuttons and add the target="_blank" to the A links in the code. Remember though that any update to roksocialbuttons would overwrite your changes again.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,

thanks for your answer but I think you did not notice that my question does not concern RokSocialButtons but the social buttons in Gantry (features).

Best regards
      Ulrike
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I don't really know which ones that you mean - the only other ones I can see on cerulean are the ones in footer-c position - which come from a module in the footer-c position (see screenshot) - there you can add the target="_blank".

If you mean the social links in template manager (not used in demo) then again you woul dhave to hack the code associated with those to add in the target="_blank". /templates/rt_cerulean/features/social.php - again remember that any template updates would overwrite any change that you make here.

Please post a link to your site when asking questions in the forum and also post a screenshot of where you mean - it always helps us to give you a quicker and more accurate answer.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hello Mark,

thank you very much for your support!

Yes, that is the right code which must be modified.

I really wonder how one can develop a social button plugin or similar without options for defining the target window.

Best regards
      Ulrike
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Cerulean is an already quite old template. Times and tastes and functionality move on. Gantry 5 and the newer templates do offer more flxibility in this regard - but we don't go back through all the old template and add functionaility in. Once a template is released we rarely add functionality in thereafter, of course we bugfix and maintain the template, but no new functionality.

Regards, Mark.
    • Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Even in the past when cerulean template was released it was possible to think of an option for target windows in combination with social media links.

Best regards
      Ulrike

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds