Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Menu doesn´t work well with html internal ids

• Gantry Menu doesn´t work well with html internal ids

Posted 10 years 5 days ago
    • Hi,

I searched a lot for this topic, I couldn´t find an answer.

I have a site:

All the latest updates (to may 12 2014):
      - Joomla 3.3
      - Gantry 4
      - rockettheme templates

The thing is I´m making "one-page" / "single-scroll" sites. The problem right now is that in the menus I make; when I use the gantry menú as default and assign its href a local id such as "contact-module" (in the footer) the page moves to its location but the menu doesnt dissappear and I can´t make it go away. So at the end it is useless to assign ids to the menú in the use of mobile devices. I haven´t been able to overcome this situation.

I really don´t want to use a specifical phone menu to make it work because the emerging mobile menú default in gantry should work for Ids also. I´m attaching the visual printscreens of the results. (The first one is an example of the originlal site working, the second is the result of a clic in an inpage-link ID)

Can somebody help please?
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: Gantry Menu doesn´t work well with html internal ids

• I guess this is a bug in the RokNavMenu for mobile so I can only report the issue to our devs to take a look
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
  • Re: Gantry Menu doesn´t work well with html internal ids

• ok. what would be the next step then? so i can know the stAtuS or when the bugfix is ready?
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: Gantry Menu doesn´t work well with html internal ids

• Nothing special. If and when our devs fix it, you will see the announcement on our Updates page
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hi, its been a long time now and I haven´t seen any corrections to the topic. Is there anybody who could help me fix this issue?

In theory, the menu button appears only when screen resolution is aprox below 400px wide.
      1.- Then Javascript kicks in when you click the button with an "if" statement.
      2.- If the button is inactive and it is clicked it should display the menu from the left
      3.- If the button is active and it is clicked (menu displayed) it hides the menu to the left.

a.- To quick fix this problem I would only need to access the javascript so when you click any link from the menu it will hide the menu automatically.
      b.- The second and more accurate way to do it is by assigning a swipe to the left javascript so the user is able to hide it without the button. (I don´t really know if this is more complicated).

Could anybody direct me in the correct path?

I know the basic theory of programming and can understand with an effort the code. But I don´t really know how could I use the console, for example, to track the code, access the desired file and identify the code.

I can even make an inpage override of this specific line of code directly in html head, I don´t really care the detail...

Can someone help please?

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Was this bug reported? Is anyone following this topic?

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds