0 items Join Now

Gantry Google Font problem

• FH45
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • CEO & Publisher

Gantry Google Font problem

Posted 10 years 4 months ago
    • Hello,

We have been tested some Google Fonts and it was working fine but we decided to use one of the other fonts. Later on when we looked into the fonts settings in Gantry we saw that the Google Fonts are standing on loading constantly meaning that they are not being loaded and hereby put a pressure on out site. I have attached a screen dump.

We have looked through the forum but not found anything which could help us to a solution for this problem so I do hope you will be able to help us out.

FH45
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Gantry Google Font problem

• Hi there,

Which Google font did you select?

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • FH45
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • CEO & Publisher

• Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I did not pick any Google Font because it is not possible as they don't load. What you see at the screen shoot is the only thing I see and then I can see all the non Google Fonts above including the Chapelco font.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

Can you PM me with a temporary Super Admin access please and I will take a look to see what the cause may be. Please include the link to this post for ease of reference.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

OK - I found that Social Connections has a permanent js error but that isn't causing your problem as I disabled it and problem still existed.

I cannot go through the dozens of modules/extensions you have in place to see why google is not loading. You may want to check server error logs to see if a firewall or security option is preventing the fonts list from loading.

Hope this helps 8)

• FH45
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • CEO & Publisher

• Hi David,

Thank you for checking out the site.

I understand that you found a JS error in Social Connection I believe that this error is on again after you published Social Connect again. Please tell me where you see this error because we have also a security problem with Social Connect. I would like to report the error you saw to JoomlaWorks as well.

As recommended I checked our servers error log and I found some Gantry related errors which not tell me a lot except that we have some errors and missing files in Gantry I have copied then in below and I do hope you will be able to tell me how we can solve these;
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:53 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/templates/rt_chapelco/images/main/showcase-bg.png, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/templates/rt_chapelco/css-compiled/master-eb5aa641d197c00b4caeb9adc5effd00.css
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:52 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/templates/rt_chapelco/fonts/exo-DemiBold-webfont.ttf, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/templates/rt_chapelco/css-compiled/master-eb5aa641d197c00b4caeb9adc5effd00.css
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:50 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/404.shtml, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/templates/rt_chapelco/css-compiled/master-eb5aa641d197c00b4caeb9adc5effd00.css
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:50 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/templates/rt_chapelco/fonts/exo-DemiBold-webfont.woff, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/templates/rt_chapelco/css-compiled/master-eb5aa641d197c00b4caeb9adc5effd00.css
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

All of those missing files should be in your template zip file. Just extract and upload them to correct directories. It is possible that perhaps your template did not fully install? You could try re-installing after taking a backup of course.

The errors were spotted when I viewed admin in Firefox with Firebug open and showing console set to display all errors and warnings.

Hope this helps 8)

• FH45
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • CEO & Publisher

• Hi David,

I downloaded the latest Chapelco template (stand alone) ver. 1.2 and unzipped it and started to find the file with the latest error report are saying is missing.
      The file showcase-bg.png are not in the above template.
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:53 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/templates/rt_chapelco/images/main/showcase-bg.png, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/ ... effd00.css
      This font file already exists 
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:52 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/templates/rt_chapelco/fonts/exo-DemiBold-webfont.ttf, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/ ... effd00.css
      This file are not in the above template 
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:50 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/404.shtml, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/ ... effd00.css
      This file is already exsist 
      [Tue Dec 17 00:18:50 2013] [error] [client 171.101.237.108] File does not exist: /home/gogreen/public_html/develop3/templates/rt_chapelco/fonts/exo-DemiBold-webfont.woff, referer: http://www.develop3.gogreen-portal.com/ ... effd00.css

Several problems rerfer to this master ccs-complied file:
      master-eb5aa641d197c00b4caeb9adc5effd00.css but as this file is larger then the file in the above template, I don't want to overwrite it.

I am down on deep water because I don't know what to do about these errors.

Any ideas?
    • Cpointcc
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 3 months ago
    • as far as the showcase-bg goes...

I'm using the chapelco theme as well, and was getting the same error. I've narrowed down the problem to a possible missing file in the template itself.

In my case, /templates/rt_chapelco/images/main/showcase-bg.png is being referenced by the "box3" class suffix module variation. Changing to another variation or simply inserting an image with this name in that location will fix your problem. You may also be able to comment out the background image via a css override but I haven't tried this. I just copied and renamed the footer-bg.png to showcase-bg.png and it doesn't look too shabby, though it is a bit more dark than it was before.

Mods, check the sources of this page and you will see the file is referenced but not included. demo.rockettheme.com/joomla/chapelco/features/module-variations
    • FH45
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • CEO & Publisher

Posted 10 years 3 months ago
    • Hi Cpointcc,

Thank you for your kind feedback on this error. :D

I copied and renamed the footer-bg.png file and that removed "The file showcase-bg.png are not in the above template" error.

I am still fighting with the font error;
      downloadable font: download failed (font-family: "ExoDemiBold" style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:1): status=2147746065 source: http://www.xxxx.com/templates/rt_chapelco/fonts/exo-DemiBold-webfont.woff

...") format("embedded-opentype"), url("../fonts/exo-DemiBold-webfont.woff") format...

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds