Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Menu title plus category title shown

• Ferd

Re: Menu title plus category title shown

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • Had the same issue - could not delete the page title no matter what settings were set. "everything was turned off. "
      I deleted .../templates/rt_paradox/html/com_content/article/defaul.php

once default.php was trashed the title on every page disappeared. Spent a good hour trying to solve this - in my opinion its a rocket theme error that should be addressed. The theme should obey settings set in joomla as a priority otherwise it creates frustration and loss of future use.

cheers
  • Re: Menu title plus category title shown

• Greetings,

I found that the aforementioned change to the blog.php file didn't work for me, but when deleting the blog.php file altogether, the problem was resolved. Delete the following file:

templates/rt_theme_whatever/html/com_content/category/blog.php

I can confirm this for all versions of Joomla 3.x. Now, I take a copy of the original Joomla blog.php and put it in the template html overrides folder, and then edit the original Joomla file to meet my needs.

I'm glad to know I wasn't alone in this issue! Thanks everyone.
    • Luke W
    • Rocketeer

• I'm using Hadron template.

Deleting the blog.php from /templates/rt-hadron/html/category does the trick for me as well.

I played around a bit...

This override:

/templates/rt-hadron/html/category/blog.php

causes Joomla to use plugins\system\gantry\overrides\3.2\2.5\com_content\category\blog.php

Without the override, Joomla uses components\com_content\views\category\tmpl

So either:
      - the version specific blog.php that base_override.php loads is not the correct one (interestingly this file mentions it's for Beez).
      - it's the correct one but it's got a bug
    • The following users have thanked you: VARion

• Luke W
    • Rocketeer

• Unfortunately, the workaround (deleting /templates/rt-hadron/html/category/blog.php breaks the 2 column blog layout.

You can see here: akaluke.selfip.com/demo-hadron/index.php/pages/blog

All I did was rename blog.php > blog2.php.

Christian mentioned a change earlier - for me and the Hadron template, the change was here:

plugins\system\gantry\overrides\3.2\2.5\com_content\category\blog.php

line 24

This line of code:
       <?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_heading')); ?>
      should read:
      <?php if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading') != 0)
              {
                  echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_heading'));
              }
      ?>
    • The following users have thanked you: Clive Garnham, RacerFX, nickyv, Virtually There, Kim Brebach, Makundo

• I can confirm that Luke's fix directly above also worked for me in the Acacia template.

Are these forums not monitored by the template developers so the bugs can be squashed?

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • I did not have an issue with 2-column blogs breaking when I removed the blog.php file from the template overrides. However, I have not used the Hadron Template. By removing the override, my blog used the Joomla component template instead, which, for my needs was preferred.

I tested Luke's fix on Corvus and found it works. Thanks Luke!
    • DeZIner

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Hello I have the same issue but the fix doesn't work in the template I am using. I am using:
      Joomla 3.23
      Gantry 4.1.24
      rt_Anacron v1.0
      If I remove the override file templates > rt_template > html > com_content > category > blog.php as Robyn suggests, it does fix the problem somewhat but I am looking for a perminent fix. Is there different code for the blog.php file for this particular template?
      Thank you for any help you may have.
      Here is a link to the temp site I am working on
      http://192.185.14.58/~iokds/index.php/homepage/special-projects

I missed Lukes fix as it was on page 2 and I did not see it. THAT WORKED PERFECT! Thank you Luke!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DeZIner.

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • I'm having the same problem with Cerulean. The code seems to be considering the change, but the category name shows duplicated.

<section class="blog<?php echo $this->pageclass_sfx;?>">                                                                                         
      <?php if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading') != 0 or $this->params->get('show_category_title')): ?>                                         
      <h1>                                                                                                                                             
              <?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_heading')); ?>                                                                         
              <?php if ($this->params->get('show_category_title'))                                                                                     
              {                                                                                                                                        
                      echo '<span class="subheading-category">'.JHtml::_('content.prepare', $this->category->title, '', 'com_content.category.title').'
              }                                                                                                                                        
              ?>    

Any help is truly appreciated.

Best Regards
    • ERRI NUÑEZ
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Creer es Crear

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I have the same issue when i intalled joomla 3.3, with metropolis template, with joomla 2.5.24 dont have this issue.
      anything know the issue solution?
      Thank you very much to all
    • Vikask

Re: Huge Error from a Longtime in RT > Menu title plus category title shown

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Dear Team,
      I can see the crowd posting all the issues regarding the categorey blog layout and even I am facing the same issue please conclude as i tried my best to resolve it I was not able to resolve the issues by changing the parameters in Global Parameters sextion of administration.

Expecting a prompt resolution..

Template : paradgim
      Joomla Version: Latest 3.x.x
      Also I can see that the template is also not updated to 3.3

Please help..

ERRI NUÑEZ wrote:
      I have the same issue when i intalled joomla 3.3, with metropolis template, with joomla 2.5.24 dont have this issue.
      anything know the issue solution?
      Thank you very much to all

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds