Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

You are not authorized to access that page, please login...

How Do I Build Forms with Gantry?

• jSIXk

How Do I Build Forms with Gantry?

Posted 12 years 7 months ago
    • i'm hoping there's something simple that i've just missed.

I've got an idea of how gantry builds forms. it would seem to rely upon includes of the gantry form building classes and build forms based on xml definitions of fieldsets. i'm hoping that one of the devs can provide a concise explanation of how i can take advantage of the extended input types included with gantry (i'm particularly interested in the slider).

i've got j1.7, gantry v1.6.2, and i've got directphp installed to allow me to embed php snippets in my article text. i'd dearly love to be able to describe a fieldset in xml, upload the xml to the server and insert some php in the body of an article to process the fieldset and display the form.

please at least let me know if this is wrong-headed for some reason i'm not yet seeing.

thanks.

[update: probably twelve hours total now combing through code. my joomla education is expanding geometrically.

this appears to be more a joomla mvc issue than strictly a gantry issue. in fact, it would appear that gantry complicates it by introducing a dependency tree, per se. what i'm looking for now is the lowest level include which will give me access to the custom field types defined by/for gantry. my initial approach was wrong-headed in that i was hoping gantry had it's own form handling routines which would simplify my life. the reality is that gantry extends (and necessarily complicates) the jform(fields) class(es) packaged with joomla without buying me any real flexibility, except the one custom field i want.

the track i'm on now is to write my form from scratch as a module. since the gantry extensions of jform aren't documented anywhere that i can find, i'll be sure to post my results here.]

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds