Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fixed Header - Header Positions only

• Fixed Header - Header Positions only

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Is it possible to apply "Fixed Header" feature of Gantry only to header position, header-a, header-b, header-c, etc?

I have some stuff published in top-a,top-b,top-c, however it's a logo and and a banner and some other stuff. the only thing i really want to follow the rest of the page is the menu which is position in header-a and search positioned header-b
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Fixed Header - Header Positions only

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • That's a tricky one. Not sure how you have it set up, but you may have to edit several files, if it's possible at all.

To point you in the right direction, looking at the Modulus template as a reference, there is a rt-fixedheader.js file that targets the rt-top-surround element. In the index.php file the navigation is wrapped inside of that div, that's why they both stay at the top. You could try moving the navigation outside of that div, then targeting just the navigation div in the javascript file. Or you could try adding a new module position above the top-surround and moving your logo modules into those positions. Not sure what would happen in either scenario.

This definitely falls under the category of custom programming so that's about all the advice I can offer, hope that it's helpful.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds