Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

You are not authorized to access that page, please login...

customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

• Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Hi. Okay, I would try to re-install everything. When I downloaded a copy of your site I had the same issue on my local machine. To compare, I did fresh installs of Joomla 1.6, Gantry and the template on my local and didn't have the problem. I could try and upload that to your server and see if that works - might have just been a funky installation problem. Let me know if you want me to try.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

• That would be great :) I installed joomla through cpanel joomla utilities, it seems that this is the problem.

• Someone from rochen is saying the issue might be because of rochen's facilty to harden security on Joomla! installation, and might be fixed by editing my .htaccess file, I will find this file and see if it changes anything
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• That could be it, but let me know for sure.

• I changed the name of the .htaccess file as they said, and now gantry is working :) So it was rochen's 'security' after all
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• That's awesome, I'm glad you got it working. I had a feeling it was a hosting thing. Good Luck. :D

• Ok, now, I can finally edit the template, it is working, but now when I try to go to any page other than the home page, I get a url not found message....
      I make a new article, make a new menu item, and again it says url not found... This is going to drive me crazy :(
      The only article that can be displayed is a featured article on the home page.

I think it's again about the hosting?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Hi, try and turn off your SEF in your Global settings. If you changed the name of .htaccess - your SEF won't work anymore. Did they tell you to change it back to htaccess.txt? If so, that could be a problem if you want to use SEF, as it won't work. You might want to investigate other hosting options.

• Yes, I figured it was because of that file... I guess can change the name of the file whenever I want to edit the template and then change it back. After all, once I have all the content up there I wont need to edit the template until I'm bored with it.
      It is very annoying that I have to have 'hardened security' when nobody would ever hack my site :(
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• That works. Personally, I've never heard of a hosting company doing that, usually you're on your own to make htaccess edits. Most of the Joomla hacking I've seen usually involves outdated versions of Joomla or extensions, it does happen, even if you think it won't. Security is important, but if it's too secure you can't do what you need to do. At least you can work around it 8)

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds