Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

• customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Hello,

When I go to customize my template, the page (in the back end) is displaying very oddly. I'm using safari, and joomla 1.6

All the selections are listed as text, as well as in the box as they should be. So whenever there is a dropdown, like the list of fonts, the dropdown box displays normally, with all the selections listed as text under it. This makes it impossible to find and edit a parameter, therefore I can't customize the templates.

It happens both on modulus and nebulae templates, and both in the regular joomla admin template and when using mission control. I haven't tried a different browser yet.

I'm adding a screen shot to make it more clear.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

• Hi, that is strange. Was there a time when it did work or has it always been like this? To me, it looks like the style sheet isn't loading. I can't really debug it without seeing your site from the backend.

You might want to try un-installing and re-installing Gantry with the most current version to make sure that's not the issue. Try that and let me know how it goes.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: customize template page displays oddly in joomla 1.6

• Hello,
      Gantry was working fine when I was on joomla 1.5, then since the whole content was outdated, today I simply deleted everything, installed joomla 1.6, installed modulus template bundle with gantry. So everything is new and fresh, even no content up yet.

I have two domains and it is happening on both. Should I pm you admin access?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Cool, just needed to know how you got to where you are. PM me your details and I'll take a look.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Hi, myself and a few other moderators took a look at your site. We believe the issue is your file permissions. Can you check to see that your files permissions in your library/gantry folder are set to 755 for folders 644 for files. That may be the issue. Let me know.

• Yes, they are 755 and 644. Should I pm you information to access cpanel?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Yeah go ahead and do that and I'll take a look. There might be some folders inside the Gantry folder that are locked, the javascript isn't getting loaded and we couldn't access the JS files either, pretty sure that it's. I'll take a look.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Hi, I took a look. It looks like all of your settings are correct, I did a number of tests, went through a bunch of checklists and couldn't get anything to work. My feeling is that it is a file ownership issue. You should contact your Hosting provider and ask if your Joomla installation has ownership of the files and folders it installed. Sometimes the server has ownership and won't allow Joomla to write to the folders.

Beyond that, I would maybe try to set this up on a local server, get it working, then upload the files to the server. Don't know if that would work, I can try that next if you like and see what happens. This is a tough one for sure.

• So I received an answer saying:
      If you're on a Shared Plan at Rochen it can't be a file ownership issue (as we run suPHP)

• I'll discuss this more on the forum there and let you know

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds