Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket shortcode is not working

• RokSprocket shortcode is not working

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Hi there,
      I have installed a clean wordpress site and try to add a shortcode ( see image below) to a page, but it did not works.
      All Extensions are up to date:
      Wordpress: 4.2.2
      RokCommon: 3.2.0
      RokSprocket: 2.1.6
      PHP: 5.4.40
      Live Url: grafiknet.de/wp/
      Admin access is available only for forum mods.

Maybe I missed some requirements? Can you help me?

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by pkuhlmann.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokSprocket shortcode is not working

• please explain what shortcode for what plugin/component you're trying to use and on what page/post/widget... please also provide a link to that page directly
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: RokSprocket shortcode is not working

• Hi Matt, thanks for reading!
      Link and image is included, could not see this? I thought the moderators have access to "secure" part!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I see your link... but it didn't describe to me how/where it was configured in the backend...

It looks like it's rendering just fine to me? I see the RokSprocket Mosaic rendering on the Front end...

All that being said, I see no reason why you should embed it with a ShortCode... always better to position it via a Widget...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, I see that the buttons aren't clickable... use a RokSprocket Widget in the Maintop position instead and see how it behaves.

• Hi Matt, youre right, the rosprocket works in widget position.
      But that was not my question!
      I want to know, why the shortcode did not works!

Is this a bug or a missing requirement?

• Can I get an answer please?
      Is this a bug or is this my fault?
      And if youre telling me, thats a bug > I will try it to fix it by myself, no problem. But no answer is really bad!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• RokSprocket is a complex Widget... the Mosaic layout is probably the most complex iteration of RokSprocket... RokSprocket sometimes works well within the Page content and sometimes not... it often just depends on the Theme and what other things you have going on... RokSprocket should always work in a Widget position as that's how it's designed to work... we include the shortcodes for flexibility but we always recommend that it be positioned via a widget.

• Thanks for your answer, but not really helpfull and very political. It should, but if not, it could ... and so on.

In fact as I told you above, it is a basic WP installation with basic theme, without any other plugin.
      Anyway, I will fix it by myself and I will not post the solution here! Shame on you. Sorry!

I think Rok should develop Joomla things only, their Wordpress support, plugins and Gantry is not recommendable!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• ok
    • The following users have thanked you: Donncha Foley

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds