Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Change title font in Grunge?

• Change title font in Grunge?

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • How do you change the font that is used for titles in Grunge? I have to find a more suitable one because the default font doesn't have the necessary character set (čćšžđ) for my language.
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Change title font in Grunge?

• Hi,
      add this bit to the theme's template.css file:
      #rt-mainbody h1.title, #rt-mainbody h2.title, #rt-mainbody .componentheading { font-family: MyCustomFont, serif; }
      the snippet replaces the font family for headings with a custom one.
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.
  • Re: Change title font in Grunge?

• Thanks, it worked for the headings. What do I have to add to change the font for the sidebar menu headings too? And does the user need to have the font installed on his own computer, or is it possible to use any of the Google web fonts?

• On closer inspection, the font choice doesn't seem to be the problem at all. The default headings font in the Grunge theme is the standard version of the Arial Narrow, which is one of the standard Windows fonts, which has the full set of UTF-8 characters when used in any application. But in the Grunge theme it, for some reason, simply doesn't show the special characters of my language, but replaces them with some default font. Here is the example:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Am I perhaps missing some place within the theme that should get the UTF-8 parameter?

• Partially resolved by finding the CSS files after reading the FAQ. Still couldn't make either the Bebas or Arial Narrow fonts (which are very similar) to show čćšžđ characters, but I'll just try modifying the CSS to use the fonts that do work.

• Resolved this completely. The Google font is required to be loaded including the latin-ext script - only the latin doesn't do the job. For example

<link href=' fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Engleber...bset=latin,latin-ext ' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Of course, it's necessary to make sure it's a font that contains the latin extended character set. Unfortunately, the default Bebas font used in the Grunge theme doesn't contain it, so it's neseccary to edit the theme stylesheet (style1.css in the css subfolder) to replace it with some other.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds