Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Novus side bar widget help

• David
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Novus side bar widget help

Posted 11 years 5 months ago
    • I'm using Novus for a simple website. I tried putting in widgets for the left side bar, but they didn't show up.
      Using wordpress 3.4.2
      I'm assuming that some code needs updated in the sidebar files. Can someone please direct me somewhere that has the right code I need to use?
      Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by David.
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Novus side bar widget help

• There are two widget areas you can use to add widgets for the left sidebar. "Left Front Sidebar" area displays only on homepage and "Left Subpage Sidebar" which displays on other pages of your site. There is also four areas named with "over" and "under", they appear above and below the left sidebars. Please make sure you are adding the widgets to the correct sidebar, so they show up in the right place.
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.
    • David
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the reply. I've added text widgets to Left Front Sidebar, and to Above Left and Under Left as well. Nothing shows on the homepage. I've added text widgets to User 2 and 3 positions and those show up.

The only thing that shows on the left sidebar is Categories, Archive, and Tags...I don't want any of those to show up. That's why I think it's in the left sidebar php file.
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Those three are what gets displayed if the Left Front Sidebar is empty. Try adding another widget (Meta for example) see if it shows up in that area. If not, please PM me login details for the admin area and I'll be happy to take a look.
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
    • David
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Didn't make a difference. I PM'ed you, thanks!
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

• You are using an static page as the frontpage, and page.php template file uses the Left Subpage sidebar. You can use FrontPage - CMS template for that page, and it will use that widget area instead. It's working fine now :)
    • David
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• awesome thanks for checking it out! i will remember that :D

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds