Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Plugin suggestion to hide author, date of posting, updates.

• Plugin suggestion to hide author, date of posting, updates.

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • I'm coming from Joomla world, and have a project around Afterburner in WP. WP is really nice and simple, but I encountered trouble with this issue:

I every page or post category I want to HIDE, not show, the Author, the post or page date, and the last time the post or page was updated. (Ideally I want to make it for certain categories or individual pages.)

Is there any plugin you guys suggest to let me do this, instead of having to hard code the afterburner index.php file ?

:o
  • Re: Plugin suggestion to hide author, date of posting, updates.

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm not aware of any such plugin, but I'd say you have to modify the theme files.

Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
  • Re: Plugin suggestion to hide author, date of posting, updates.

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • I tried to modify the theme, but I could not.
      The Author, the post or page date, and the last time the post or page was updated can be found in some templates. Can you tell how to modify the template?

Thank you very much.
    • cpweb

Re: Plugin suggestion to hide author, date of posting, updates.

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • No need for a plugin because every template is different, however just go appearance and the editor. Then click on page template or single post on the right hand side.

Find <p class="iteminfo"> and delete/comment out the whole tag. This should result in nothing comming up such as created by, created and modified date.
    • "Some people go for comfort and safety. I'd rather go for my dreams"
    • Prana
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Plugin suggestion to hide author, date of posting, updates.

Posted 12 years 7 months ago
    • There is such a plugin that can hide the time and date, it's called "Date Exclusion SEO"
    • www.shape-able.com

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds