Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

re-post :: looking for general advice

• re-post :: looking for general advice

Posted 14 years 7 months ago
    • Hi guys, just after a bit of general advice as a complete noob with joomla and the extensions that I've signed up to (templates later, once I know more about what I'm doing!).

For years I ran a simple website ( www.nadder-diary.net ) using rapidweaver, blog, pictures and a bit of info. I turned this into a more designed solution not so long ago using freeway as my weapon of choice, but something's still not right. I've narrowed this down to the fact that it's not easy enough to find new entries and I've this nagging thing in the back of my head about opening it up as more interactive in the future.

Anyway, what I was thinking of doing, and this is where I ask for your collective wisdom, was:

a simple front page with a large rok stories(?) panel showing the latest 4 entries across the top along with a simple horizontal menu and logo.

I then wanted to work in a sort of blog format for the text, writing articles as I go, adding video clips and the odd image using rok box(?) and using a slideshow embedded into the blog to do the pictures that normally accompany my old blog posts. I wanted to be able to present pictures in a reasonable size and allow users to click on individual ones from slideshow to see them full screen.

All I was after from you all was to understand, before I set off down the road of trying to learn joomla, is am I mad? The extensions listed seem to offer me everything that I'm discussing and the longer term flexibilty over styles and content/user management that I have in the back of my head.

Currently using afterburner theme, but theme not important for now, functionality is.

Any thoughts?

Ta!

Malcolm

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds