Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Background color behind logo

• Background color behind logo

Posted 14 years 8 months ago
    • I'm trying to change the color from white to khaki above the nav menu. Obviously, I have to change my logo color to khaki, but it looks silly without the area underneath (and to the right) of the top module being khaki as well.

My guess is that I have to go into the light4.css file and find somewhere to put in my beloved khaki color (#b7b789). I've just been pulling my hair out trying to find what line I need to put it. Can anyone help?

Oh, here's my site...

http://www.blitzkickonline.com/AVC/
  • Re: Background color behind logo

• Hello,

Looks like you solved?

• no, I didn't.

I'm trying to get the part of above the maroon nav bar to be khaki. Currently it's white.

Specifically, it needs to be khaki colored behind the logo spanning all the way to the right.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Background color behind logo

• Jessica Robeson wrote:
      I'm trying to change the color from white to khaki above the nav menu. Obviously, I have to change my logo color to khaki, but it looks silly without the area underneath (and to the right) of the top module being khaki as well.

You could try this:
      1. In light4.css - line 56 change to
      #header {background-color:olive;overflow:hidden;}
      2. Edit your light4.png to have the background colour the same as the header div.

• Thank you! Problem solved!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jessica Robeson wrote:
      Thank you! Problem solved!

I see you've matched the logo and background colours - NICE.
      You may want to try adding a little stroke colour to "Walter Reed" so it pops a bit more.

• Dan,
      I've been fiddling around with ways to make the "Walter Reed" stand out and my skills are just not where they should be. I think part of the problem is that I use Photoshop to make the adjustments instead of Fireworks.

If you have any ideas on how to make it better, please help me out. (Well, technically you would be a patriot helping out wounded soldiers.) :cheesy:

Here's the file...

www.blitzkickonline.com/images/light4.png
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jessica Robeson wrote:
      Dan,
      I've been fiddling around with ways to make the "Walter Reed" stand out and my skills are just not where they should be. I think part of the problem is that I use Photoshop to make the adjustments instead of Fireworks.

Thats the problem, PS flattens all the layers & slices that Fireworks retains when using the Rockettheme source files.
      So instead I took your light4.png and converted it to a PS PSD file. Now you have a real text layers you can play with til you get the right look and then export out to a .png file.

The link is here:
      http://tvnmilitary.thevisionnetworks.com/dolphin/media/images/light4.psd

• Dan, you ROCK!!!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• One last thing, I like the site particularly as my nephew is in the Canadian Army. But I would as soon as possible try to replace the photo on the Front page that has "iStockPhoto" on it :oops:

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds