Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Module suffix field in Module's settings

• Module suffix field in Module's settings

Posted 16 years 4 months ago
    • If you do not have the Module suffix field in your Module's control panel, do the following.

1. Open mod_modulename.xml with modulename being the name of the module such as roklogin, mod_roklogin.xml
      2. Find
      <params>
      3. Below, add
      <param name="moduleclass_sfx" type="text" default="" label="Module Class Suffix" description="A suffix to be applied to the css class of the module (table.moduletable), this allows individual module styling"/>
    • Last Edit: 16 years 3 months ago by James Spencer.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Re: Module suffix field in Module's settings

• I know I am going to sound like an idiot...im used to it...... but <params> is not in my xml file. I did find <params/> closing is, but the start or what you told me to find <params> is not in the doc. so, can i put it there? and if so where?

Thanks,
      jai
  • Re: Module suffix field in Module's settings

• This guide only applies if you have no Module Hilite field in a particular module such as the CB Random Users module. Most modules have it already but in the rare occasion that it doesn't, this guide will help.

This has nothing to do with templateDetails.xml at all as that is purely for template use only. The only files we are concerned with are mod_"module name".xml.

If the module has no parameters, it will not have <params>, <param>, or </params>. In that rare case you would have to add them all. The example I gave was for adding a Module Hilite field
      <param name="moduleclass_sfx" type="text" default="" label="Module Class Suffix" description="A suffix to be applied to the css class of the module (table.moduletable), this allows individual module styling"/>

If there are no other params, wrap that code to emulate
      <params>
      </params>

• I want to add this to use the hilite options for the "Top Posts" which file must I add the above code?

• If you are referring to populus, it is mod_wz_uftt.xml

• Thank you - that did the trick!

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds