Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokAjax Search - Search Page URL

• Jambo

RokAjax Search - Search Page URL

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • I am trying to make the module show all results at the page of menu item for the search component, but I can't.
      Whatever urls I place in the Search URL page it won't work and it always display ALL RESULTS to a page with a URL like:

This creates many problems, as there is no itemid, it breaks the template and the module positions and doesn't let me have my search friendly urls the way I want.
      * I also use SH404SEF, but I tried this in a fresh Joomla 3 install and it has the same behavior.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokAjax Search - Search Page URL

• Jambo

• Thanks Matt, but I am unable to see this URL. (I get 403 - No permission to access it).
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• quoted from that thread:

"the problem is with search results that are for an item that doesn't have it's own page... if the search result item is also a menu item click the result will take you to that item... if it ISN'T a menu item it'll load on your homepage..."

"This is actually normal Joomla behavior. For pages that doesn't have assigned itemid (every page dynamically generated which doesn't have menu item defined) Joomla will show modules assigned to the default itemid (which is usually Home page of the site)

Search google how to overcome this behavior or try this

Create a hidden MENU.
      Put a MENU ITEM in it for each (single) article you want on separate page (publish)

No need to put hidden menu anywhere - it will never be seen

Now joomla will open the articles in a separate page.

You can also take a look at Advanced Module Manager by nonumber.nl as a possible solution to this issue"
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Jambo

• Oh you misunderstand my question. Maybe I was not that clear.
      I am not looking for the url of the page of a single result, I am talking about the option "SHOW ALL RESULTS", which will redirect to the search form/results page (search component). It won't take me to my menu item search page which is,
      instead it takes me to a url which is not the above page. And this is problem I have..

Module has 2 fields in its admin for the Search Page and Advanced Search URL, but it doesn't handle pretty the Search Page URL.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• hrm... so RAS just hooks into the default Joomla Search Results page... if you publish a normal Joomla Search module does it work? Try searching the SH404SEF boards for solutions... I'm not very familiar with the plugin but if you can get normal Joomla View All Search Results to work with the plugin then RAS should work as well...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds