Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokMenu in default Android browser

• mark118
    • Jr. Rocketeer

RokMenu in default Android browser

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • In the afterburner2 template the menu doesn't collapse in the default android browser. It's always expanded. I can't solve it and it's also the case in your afterburner2 demo page.

Regards,
      Mark
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokMenu in default Android browser

• We do not provide support for the default android browser... Google barely supports it anymore and it's not compatible with alot of current code libraries... Chrome for Android is the go-forward browser on that OS which is fully supported
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • mark118
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for your response. I totally agree with you about the way to go.

However from analytics I learned that the default browser is the most used browser for Android. At this moment we cannot afford to lose any business. Is the lack of support specific for the afterburner2 template? I see that the menu on the rockettheme website works perfectly.

Thank you in advance,
      Mark
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• generally speaking the newer Gantry Dropdown Menu system, which both RT.com and Afterburner2 uses, works well on the Android browser... but yes, certain stylistic implementations of the menu system can be buggy with the default Android browser

Try changing the Responsive Menu type to SelectBox instead of Panel in your Template Manager > Menu tab... it's a totally different menu approach on mobile devices, but I actually like it better in most cases...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • mark118
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you I'll give it a try. I like afterburner1 and 2 from the start, one of my favourites for sure!! And not because it's free :-) So many thanks to Rockettheme.

Regards,
      Mark
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• If a thread is solved please edit your original/first post and place "[SOLVED]", no quotes, at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds