Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Random images instead of button menu Vortex

• Random images instead of button menu Vortex

Posted 15 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,

I am using the 1.5 version of the Vortex but I would like to use the inset section to display 5 images just where the button menu would be. I would like to have these 5 images picked randomly from a folder without getting duplicate images. I have looked for a module that does this, but I can't find something that let me pick 5 random images at one time. Does anybody know of a module that lets me do this?

I have included a screenshot to get a better idea of what I want. The images in the picture are now static, but I would like to have them selected randomly so that I will get a lot more variaty in the header.

Greetings,
      Fabian
    • Leckenby
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Random images instead of button menu Vortex

• well it might be abit of a 'hack', but what about creating a module position, then making banners with different sets of those five images, then getting a banner rotator?
  • Re: Random images instead of button menu Vortex

• He ©LECKYGENIUS,

I thought about that aswell, but I would really like to keep it dynamic and have different images selected every time. The module posititon is already there (inset) so now I just need a module that will randomize my 5 images without picking duplicates.
    • Leckenby
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Random images instead of button menu Vortex

• well I suppose you would have to find a script of some sort, and for that google is a friend. But you could always have five random banner modules on the same page?
  • Re: Random images instead of button menu Vortex

• Treu, but those 5 random banner modules would all have to get their images out of a different folder. Else there will be a chance of getting duplicates. This will mean that I have to devide my images over these 5 folders which seriously influences the dynamics in the header. If I would do it like that, then there will not be much difference with the banner solution and that would acctually save more time.

I was hoping that something like this was already done and turned into a joomla module...

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds