Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RocketLauncher not working

• RocketLauncher not working

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • I've installed quite a few rocket launcher sites without a problem. Using the same methods I've always used, this one is giving me trouble. I assume it has to do with permissions, but I don't know how to fix it.

- My website URL is: 50.63.56.240/~ert/
      - My Joomla version number is J-2.5.27
      - My RocketLauncher version number is: 1.0

My issue is:
      None of the syleing is showing. check the link to see what I mean. All of my files are set to 644 and folders to 755 in my file manager, but they are showing at unwritable in the joomla admin. In joomla system information my setting for WebServer to PHP Interface is cgi-fcgi. I have removed all the files and restarted at least 5 times. Could you help me figure out how to fix this. Thanks! -Mike
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RocketLauncher not working

• That is a permissions issue.

For permission issues check...

i) site > system information > directory permissions - are all GREEN (except config.php which should be red)
      ii) check folders are 755, files 644 and that owner/group are correct using ftp client
      iii) specifically check cache folder and css-compiled folder
      iv) check that your are NOT using apachehandler for you hosting and that instead you are using fastCGI/cgi. If you are you need to correct this in cPanel or Plesk or ask your host to change this. Then you'll have to start again afresh.
      v) Use the Joomla Forum Post Assistant to do detailed checks http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860

If still no good then Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you. Also, please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: RocketLauncher not working

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RocketLauncher not working

• Yes everything is unwriteable. Also you had ftp turned on in global config and no ftp details were added. I added the missing details but I have turned ftp off as joomla should be able to write directly under cgi/fastCGI. It must be the owner/group that is wrong - you will need to ask you host for assistance since this is a hosting environment issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds