Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Age control gate

• Age control gate

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Hi,

I design a German website about video games, but some of the video games are for ppl aged 18+ (violent games).

The German laws demands to have an age control on my website so I like to ask you whats the best way to do that.

One simple idea would be to have an age gate before entering my website. Since only a very few games I write about are 18+ games, the majority of blocked users wont see the regular content.

My favorite solution would be an age gate just for 18+ images/galleries. Is it possible to filter that with rockgallery or is it maybe possible to create groups of people with people aged 18+ automatically being recognized by the system so I dont have to put them into the 18+ group manually?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Age control gate

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Look on JED there are loads of plugins available that will do the sort of thing you require. But you can also do it yourself using joomla ACL, to restrict content to certain user groups (you could leave a lot of you content as "public" but require login to see age restricited content (and there are other plugins on JED that can help you to do age verification checks as part of user registration).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Empowermom

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds