Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

rename the template before installation ?Everything is in the title: how t

• rename the template before installation ?Everything is in the title: how t

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Hello

Everything is in the title:

how to rename the template before instal it ?

Thank
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: rename the template before installation ?Everything is in the title: how t

• I strongly discourage you from renaming the template:

1. members often makes mistakes in doing this and cause errors
      2. More often than not we would ask you to rename it back again before we could support you (primarily because of 1 above).
      3. It makes taking updates to the template very difficult for you and you may therefore miss out on bug fixes.
      4. I also remind you that all RT copyrights must remain intact and you may not represent the template as you own work. Not suggesting you would do that for one minute but I am obliged to point that out.

May I ask why you want to rename the template?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: rename the template before installation ?Everything is in the title: how t

• hello Mark

sorry i'm french

Because I want to install the latest version of the template to make the settings in admin and leave the template exixtant production

Regards, Philippe
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: rename the template before installation ?Everything is in the title: how t

• The best way of making a test site is either to create a subdirectory on your existing site and close your site using akeeba backup and akeeba kickstart, OR, create a staging server on a subdomain (again using the akeeba products), OR, even create a local copy to do you testing using XAMPP or WAMP. It's really not a good idea to start renaming templates for the reasons I have already given.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds