Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Want nail how 2use <template-name>custom.cs​s file correctly?

• oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

Want nail how 2use <template-name>custom.cs​s file correctly?

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • Hi All,

I haven't found any specifics as such about this issue and it's a long standing issue for me that I want to desperately understand more of.

I have a current rt_hexaris-custom.css file setup with some elements already in use within it, thanks from the moderator's on here, who have helped me solve certain things and provided me with the code to do what I needed to achieve.

However, this is kind of cheating and the easy option - so I would like to try and understand this aspect much better for all parties concerned.

I also use Firebug but still only understand the basics, I partially understand how to locate an element in my joomla site that I am interrogating but this is the bit where I come unstuck.

If I take an example that's in my current custom css file;
      div#rt-topbar {
           display: none;
      }
      div#rt-header .logo-block, div#rt-header .menu-block, div#rt-header .fp-rokajaxsearch {
           margin-top: 20px;
           margin-bottom: 0;
           padding-top: 0;
           padding-bottom: 0;
      }
      div#rt-logo {
           width: 160px;
           height: 74px;
           margin: 0px 0px 15px 35px;
           display: block;
      }
      div.rt-footer-logo {
           width: 160px;
           height: 74px;
           margin: 0px 0px 15px 35px;
           display: block;
      }
      .rt-social-buttons {
           top: 100px !important;
      }

how do I know when to use the .' div# ' the ' .rt ' and the ' div.rt ' elements? This is the bit I just don't get and I think if I can get over this hurdle, I will become much better for it and be more able to solve CSS issues on my own.

If only there was a well known Joomla & RT CSS combined course somewhere online, this would be the icing on the cake.

I hope I've explained the above ok, it's kind of hard to get across what you want to say / ask sometimes but I'm hoping somebody can take a little time to coax me through the above to further understanding.

http://www.dapwales.org.uk/testing_site/ is a site that I'm currently working with, maybe somebody can take my current custom css file above and annotate the contents, so I can understand it in a deeper sense?

:oops:

Regards,
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Want nail how 2use <template-name>custom.cs​s file correctly?

Posted 10 years 6 months ago

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds