• Jr. Rocketeer

Re: DISCUSS: Modulus - June 2011 Joomla Template Release

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • Sweet! Love it a lot.
    • Smejus57
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • Looks great RT team!! Can't wait to use it for a site.
    • alicia
    • Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Very nice... clean.. professional looking
    • humphrey
    • Rocketeer

• I like several things. F.i. top positions allow to keep some powerful adverts shown despite scrolling, and god knows avertising is becoming a request of websites.

I don't like at all the auto-contrast which doesn't allow to modify the color setting for text. Rocketthem templates have always offered text colours which make it difficult to read. Heavy reading websites with a lot of info need less color in texts and more black typo over clear backgrounds (and not grey text, or green, or so); unless it's white on dark grey, of course. In RT I always modify color text to black. So auto-contrast is, for me, a nonsense.
  • Re: DISCUSS: Modulus - June 2011 Joomla Template Release

• I think the biggest failure of this otherwise great template is the menu and the text in the menu. It look cheap. Otherwise it's a great template.

• HUMBERTO wrote:
      I like several things. F.i. top positions allow to keep some powerful adverts shown despite scrolling, and god knows avertising is becoming a request of websites.

I don't like at all the auto-contrast which doesn't allow to modify the color setting for text. Rocketthem templates have always offered text colours which make it difficult to read. Heavy reading websites with a lot of info need less color in texts and more black typo over clear backgrounds (and not grey text, or green, or so); unless it's white on dark grey, of course. In RT I always modify color text to black. So auto-contrast is, for me, a nonsense.
      Although it's not hooked up into the Template for design and development decision, you can still easily modify the auto light/dark colors that you want to use.
      If you go into the template folder and edit features/styledeclaration.php, at the very top, around lines 18-19, you will find:
           var $_light = '#fff';
           var $_dark = '#222';
      There is where you can tweak your light and dark colors, so #222 will become #000 in your case and the auto-contrast will still work the same. :)
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /

• Haha!

I was about to strip another template to get a clean look for my own site and you came up with this just in time. Thank you so much!

I Love it!

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds