Cerulean December 2012 Joomla Template
Cerulean, the December 2012 template release, is a beautifully constructed template with a three-dimensional style design to add depth to content. An array of module variations add focal points for the mainbody area.
The styling extends to RokSprocket in all its layout modes, such as Mosaic. Based on the Gantry Framework, a wide portfolio of features are included such as a powerful template control interface.
Features and Screenshots
- Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3.x Compatible
- Responsive Layout
- 6 Preset Styles
- 78 Module Positions
- 9 Styled and 25 Structural Module Suffixes
- RokSprocket Responsive Layout Integrated
- RokGallery Responsive Layout
- Styled Support for Responsive K2 Layout
- Powerful Gantry 4 Framework
- Custom Content Typography
- DropDown Menu & Splitmenu
- FF, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE8+ Compatible
- HTML5, CSS3, LESS CSS
Cerulean's responsive grid system is designed for desktop, tablet and smartphone systems, each with minor modifications to ensure compatibility in each mode.
Advanced Dropdown Menu
For mobile devices, a basic version of the Dropdown Menu will be used. It is activated by a custom menu icon in the top left of the screen. It will either be a tree view or select box menu, as configurable. All other sizes will use the menu's full version.
Responsive Layout for RokGallery & RokSprocket
Cerulean comes with the RokGallery and RokSprocket extensions which are built to work with a responsive layout.
K2 (3rd Party) Responsive Layout
K2 is the popular powerful content extension for Joomla! with CCK-like features. Cerulean also comes with the styling support for K2 extension (version 2.6.2) that is built to work with the responsive layout.
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files.
Files required for the template to function:
- Template (Standalone) cerulean-template.zip - Standalone template file without the Gantry Framework.
- Template (Bundle) cerulean-bundle.zip - Template plus the Gantry Framework.
- RokNavMenu cerulean-extensions.zip(unzip first) or roknavmenu.zip - Required for the menu to work.
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) cerulean-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Source BG PNG(s) cerulean-sources-bg.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG BG source file(s). Only distributed if the template has complex BGs.
- Extensions cerulean-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher cerulean-rocketlauncher_j25(_j30).zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
- Install the template at Admin → Extensions → Extensions Manager → Browse for cerulean_template.zip → Upload & Install
Making Cerulean the Default
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Cerulean Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.