Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

jenandcal.org - personal website

jenandcal.org - personal website

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • This is just a personal website, but the Joomla/RocketThemes combo has got me feeling like a real site designer, so I thought I'd solicit opinions.

Default template is a pretty stock Carbonation (I'm no coder), with Carbonite and Versatility II alternates via the Theme Chooser. This is just a hobby personal site, but what about the layout, organization, navigability and appearance?

Things I know can be improved:

1. Content -- not a lot there yet, but I'm working on it. (But what it lacks in content it makes up for in amateurishness!)

2. Use of graphics. I'm tossing graphics into my stories to spice up the mainpage, but the resulting layout looks amateurish to me. Suggestions for improvements?

3. Looking for a simple clock that'll display Taiwan time as a single line of plaintext, rather than the text boxes I've got now. Know of something?

Looking for that elusive WOW! factor. What do all you pros know that us amateurs miss? Thanks!

--CJ
  • Re: jenandcal.org - personal website

• URL??

Don't worry, I think we have all done this a time or two. :D

-iamheaddown [Skydiver at Heart!]
    • Beaker ROCKS!

Re: jenandcal.org - personal website

• iamheaddown wrote:
      URL??

Oops :-[

The URL is just jenandcal.org

--CJ
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: jenandcal.org - personal website

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Anybody?
  • Re: jenandcal.org - personal website

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Really nice personal site. Lots of possibilities. whenever i make a personal site i find i don't have time to keep up on posting to it, so good luck with that. What do you use for the comments with the content items?

I think I like the carbonation best, but some of the versatility's looked really nice, especially the last one in the list.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds