Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

New Site (Oops, Posted In The Wrong Place Last Time)

New Site (Oops, Posted In The Wrong Place Last Time)

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Hey guys, I'm a noob but I'm slowly getting into the modding community one step at a time. I'm using the Carbonite template for my salsa site and want to know what everyone thinks of my efforts. The separate logos took me about three hours but I am confident that I am slowly learning... Please visit my site at and tell me what you think, thanks!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Kat05.
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: New Site (Oops, Posted In The Wrong Place Last Time)

• Nice job :)

The logo looks quite impressive!

I like the split into 3 areas for articles.

You are definately getting there :)

• Annette: Yes, how did you set up the page to split into 3 columns (articles)?

• Thanks guys I am still hard at work on this site, working late nights until its launch! Anyway, I cheated and used iJoomla Magazine (but it was the best investment I made for Joomla!) And if you have noticed, the top logo is just an overlapping png. I edited both the head_logo and the long bar png underneath that (dont know the exact name) but once they overlap the logo looks like one complete image. Took me hours to get every color header just right!

• Annette: Ok, I'm listening. Can I keep my RocketTheme Carbonation template and integrate iJoomla Magazine into it?

[Edit:] I think I found the answer "But then iJoomla Magazine works with any template!" (straight from iJoomla.com) :D
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Nice site Annette, well done !

One little thing: your search box has only the two upper rounded corners. You could either add a picture to make the box higher, or edit all images for each color (box_tl.png, etc.) if you don't use bigger colored boxes elsewhere. Just a suggestion...
    • Yves

• Thanks for the advice! I am new to everything web design, but a soon as I find out how to do this, I will follow suite!
  • Re: New Site (Oops, Posted In The Wrong Place Last Time)

• Annette,

This looks like the Carbonite theme. How did you create your logo? I could not find the head_logo.png file with no "Carbonite" text on it. Did you find/obtain one?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds