Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

blownpixel

• blownpixel

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Yes we got hacked!

While I was rebuilding the files that the senseless moron destroyed I started thinking that this might be the kick up the backside I needed to stop beingso lazy and get on with a complete overhaul. So here it is, from the ground up, completely clean database...

::blownpixel:: is (was lol) a design based site, part portfolio, part plaything, with just a little bit of community thrown in.

Now don't get me wrong, I could have had the old site up and running within 30mins. The hack was crude to say the least, the guy obviously had no style or finess, but hey, he has to live with that ;)

Be kind, still loads to do.. sigh..

here's the url.. (doh!) http://www.blownpixel.co.uk
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .
    • www.blownpixel.co.uk
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: blownpixel

• you need to give us the url :)
  • Re: blownpixel

• Seems to be impossible to switch back to the English version after having activated the crude automated translation.

• Yup.. it uses google translation. It actually translates the whole site without need of a language file on the server. The great thing is that when I add new content it's translated as well (all be it crudely ;) )

I know it's crude, web translations are, and the module is still in beta (I think) so is buggy.

I kinda figured that it was the best solution even with the bugs, and when I go to a differant language site and swap to english I have never switched back to the native language, why would you?

Thanks for the feedback ;D
    • www.blownpixel.co.uk

• hmmm.. The site seems kinda sparce to me, it needs more text; especially on the home page. but the style is nice, as is the images.

good luck with it.

santino

• Thanks for the nice comments ;)

The site has been running for about 6 yrs now, when It got hacked (this time... sigh... don't know why I'm seen as a target) I decided to start with a blank sheet again.

The site had hundreds of pages and links etc. but I just felt like a spring clean. About 4yrs ago it was quite a thriving community, but I have been building a design agency business and have been sparodically called to spend time in Norway, Germany and Russia, so didn't have time to dedicate to the site. Conseqently the community gradually petered out.

There are so many thriving design community sites out there now that I haven't really bothered to try to build it again.

The content will come I promise ;D
    • www.blownpixel.co.uk

• Hi - I like your site...very cool. Can you tell me what gallery that is that you're using?

Thanks and good luck with the site!
    • John

• Thanks Piet, I found it and installed it...woo hoo! I used the small version.
    • John

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds