Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Trillium Review Poetry Forum - Plethora

• Trillium Review Poetry Forum - Plethora

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • A site for poetry posting and critique, as well as other poetry resources.

Built using the Plethora template and integrating the Kunena forum and Flexicontact Pro components.

http://www.trilliumreview.com
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Trillium Review Poetry Forum - Plethora

• Not a lot of content yet but i like it :)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• You have a good start. One thing about the trillium that makes it so mysterious is that it stands out so prominently in a dark forest. For what it is worth, I would make this site colors darker, probably forest green, so that the white of the trillium pops visually.

Par is right. The site needs content. Draw your audience into the site with something exciting on the home page. And don't forget images.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
  • Re: Trillium Review Poetry Forum - Plethora

• Thanks for the feedback, Rae.

I deliberately kept the site light in color, but I'll try your suggestion of adding some dark green. So many of the existing poetry forum sites are dark (and frankly, so crudely done and so ugly they'll make your eyes bleed -- even when their content is good) that I wanted to do something to make mine stand out.

I certainly hope more content will come over time as I gradually build a user base, and I agree with your and Prim's comments about content completely. That's my dilemma right now -- the poetry community is small to begin with, and getting the word out about the site is a major challenge.

Regards,

DH
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• So if everyone else in the poetry community has dark sites, then I see where you are going with the light site. In that case, you might want to pop the site with graphics, color surrounds, and adding a showcase area on the home page to make your site stand out. I think that you are on the right track. You just need to add some "weight" to the site.

You may want to incorporate some of the great poets who are in the public domain to the site. That helps to add content and interest. You may even want to have guest posts by known author/poets. University professors are eager to be published. That might be a good source.

My personal preference is to globally turn off the article icons. They are so out of date to what people expect on a site now. You could turn them on in the individual articles if they are really needed.

The RocketTheme templates are so rich in module positions. Taking advantage of those can help to weight a site too.

Also remember to use your article meta blocks to help with SEO. You may want to incorporate a way for your member poets to be able to sell their poetry through your site. There are some good examples of this sprinkled throughout the Internet.

All of the above will help get your site noticed and help to build your community. Good luck.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds