Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Forest Fire powered Site!

• Forest Fire powered Site!

Posted 18 years 2 days ago
    • I just converted my site to the new Forest Fire template! I really like it! Thanks for your great work Andy!
      http://greenspade.com

Any feedback?

Chris
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Forest Fire powered Site!

• In full harmony with the subject of you site.

One thing: on certain pages, the right column is pushed out on the right, depending on which modules are displayed.
    • Yves
  • Re: Forest Fire powered Site!

• Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Thanks. That did the trick.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Yes, but if you select the thin mode, the right column often breaks out. I see that you have sometimes large pictures (458 px in Plants, for example). This is pushing your right column too far on the right.

I think also that your 2 ads under the header contribute to this. Installation instructions says:
      Please note that in thin mode you do not have much room for content, so please watch for any content that is to large for the mainbody area as this will break the layout.
    • Yves

Posted 18 years 1 day ago
    • I think Andy designed this template JUST FOR YOU! Heh... that's perfect!

Your horizontal google ads are breaking the narrow template (as mentioned)... if you don't want to go down to 1 ad in the horizontal, you could possible eliminate the narrow wide layout options.

Also, all your content categories (navigation) are set up as Tables.... I'm personally not a fan of tables. Maybe if you have a LONG list of items that you'd want to search (as you may). I use blog layout whenever feasible.
    • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Posted 18 years 1 day ago
    • Thanks Dan. It is like he was reading my mind! I did eliminate the variable width...(with a little help from Andy!) As far as the tables go I hope to have hundreds if not thousands of plants posted. I thought the tables would help the searching better.

Thanks for your feedback.

Chris

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • Any other suggestions? I really appreciate any feed back.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • Beautiful template that suits your site so well. Nice job!

The only thing I don't like is there is too much clicking required in the "Plants" section to get to the goods. Maybe combine most of those links into one table (that is of course categorized), so that users can get to the useful information with 2 clicks (one click on "Plants" Menu and the second click on the article).

I'm going to show this site to my Mom. She's got a very large green thumb ;)

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds