Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

On going battle with pirates...

On going battle with pirates...

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • I remember a post quite awhile back about RT templates found on a warez site.
      I was wondering how the battle against these pirates is going.
      I was also wondering if I could help if there is anything I can do maybe search code on google or idk to stop this theft
      I was also thinking how can you find these people using the templates illegally it must be mighty tough maybe you can add a line of code like a ID or Serial number that you can search on google and hopefully every site using that template will pop up that might limit the amount of fraud templates.
    • Red
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: On going battle with pirates...

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Could be done, a passback key. But then you have to consider the outlay for gathering that information, is it worth it?

Maybe a simple timed (monthly) "ping" with a url is the answer....

If you can use php to sort through member URL's and then compare?

But then you have to ask everyone, what's your URL, Nick name, smurf name? I have several...........(1 URL to date though) ;)

Using a key to "unlock" is not the answer...

I used UHP2 free version and then my website blew out and now I am forced to pay for it...$130 dollars after exchange rates... ::)

Problem is, I can't presicely edit that offsite as I only have a limited version with pages limited to 5 (the website now has several styles on more than the core...) I can't pay that again......it's going to end soon.....it's a rippoff in my mind...!!TRapped!!!

Never again!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 5 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds