Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Which template would be easiest for what I want?

Which template would be easiest for what I want?

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • I hope this is OK here, I'm not really asking anything too techy just a bit of advice.

I'm looking for a template for a personal site, so it doesn't have to be 100% perfect, and I'm willing to have a play with the code and/or css, I have a dangerous amount of knowledge about them both (just enough to know how to really mess things up!)

I like the subtletrooper template, but I'd like it to be more fluid. The parts of subtletrooper I like are the designes down the outside of the main area (I'd change these for my own), the ease of changing the module colours, the large image area at the top, basic 3 column layout.

Would it be possible to make subtletrooper more fluid (I'm looking to add gallery2 in so I need quite a wide design even when the modules are switched off) or would I be able to bring in the side design to a more fluid template?

Any advice on which template would be best to start from?
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Which template would be easiest for what I want?

• I just updated my site with SubtleTrooper ( www.toolboxcreations.com ), still some work to be done but so far I've found it very easy to work with and get results very quickly. Have a look on the RT demoserver for the different template configs, I'm sure it's possible to get a layout you'd be happy with - although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "fluid".

Cheers
      Dan
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst

• HI,

I've got Subtletrooper installed at the moment, I've also got versatilityII on another site. I like the ability in VersatilityII to change the width, either thin, wide or fluid. SubtleTrooper is a fixed width but I'd like it to be either fluid or have the options like versatilityII. Would this be possible, or am I better starting with VersatiltyII and trying to add the side design to it?
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Should be easy enough to alter the width on the ST temp. Look at the way the HTML is assembled then try to determine which lines of CSS set the width.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• hello dan
      just a suggestion but change the url to reflect your affiliate url in the footer image
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Damo

Like I said, not finished yet :)

Will be removing everything from the footer to be honest...and I need to pop in a nice header image.
    • abundance
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Dan L wrote:
      I just updated my site with SubtleTrooper ( www.toolboxcreations.com ), still some work to be done but so far I've found it very easy to work with and get results very quickly. Have a look on the RT demoserver for the different template configs, I'm sure it's possible to get a layout you'd be happy with - although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "fluid".

Cheers
      Dan

Dan i love the way you have the images at the top changing by themselves.. does that come in subtletrooper or is it something you added in? would love to do something like that myself
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi John

No this does not come with ST. In fact, it's simply the Joomlashack JPG flash rotator with custom-sized images, loading in the the 'header' module position. I had to use a modyfied version of the module to allow a different set of rotating images (with different sizes) which is displayed in the Portfolio section. I love the way this template looks with the staggered sections.
    • abundance
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Dan L wrote:
      Hi John

No this does not come with ST. In fact, it's simply the Joomlashack JPG flash rotator with custom-sized images, loading in the the 'header' module position. I had to use a modyfied version of the module to allow a different set of rotating images (with different sizes) which is displayed in the Portfolio section. I love the way this template looks with the staggered sections.

do you just got to a stock place for images for the top part?

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds