Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

newbie - how do i install a template?

newbie - how do i install a template?

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • The instructions for "Versatility II" say (and I quote): "Install as normal" ---- what does that mean? I downloaded the zip files and tried to upload via joomla template -> site installer but got an uninformative error.

Please post instructions...thank you!
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: newbie - how do i install a template?

• That's all you should do Anthony, try using the .tgz file in the site installer. More details can be found here:

help.joomla.org/
  • Re: newbie - how do i install a template?

• You can also unpack it locally and ftp the folder to the templates folder within the Joomla folder on your server. Alternatively, you can upload the compressed file to the server and unpack it via cpanel's file manager or whatever management utility your host provides. The former is simpler, yet the latter is quicker.

I like this approach because it avoids the ownership issues that using the installer can create.

Steve
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: newbie - how do i install a template?

• "I like this approach because it avoids the ownership issues that using the installer can create."

If you install Joomxplorer then all your ownership issues will become a think of the past :)

/offtopic
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst
  • Re: newbie - how do i install a template?

• Dan L wrote:
      "I like this approach because it avoids the ownership issues that using the installer can create."

If you install Joomxplorer then all your ownership issues will become a think of the past :)

/offtopic

Agreed, but I prefer ftp because there is seamless integration between the ftp program and bbedit. Joomlaxplorer is good, but bbedit offers multiple undos and a lot of other features. Using ftp allows me to work with anything I like rather than making me work with the joomlaxplorer interface. No question though, joomlaxplorer belongs in anybody's toolchest!

Steve

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds