Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Yet more confusion about # of templates

• Yet more confusion about # of templates

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Regarding the number of templates a person can use, I've read the Terms and Conditions as well as the FAQ's and other posts regarding this question, and I have to say it still isn't clear. The T & C wording is as follows:
      Your membership grants you the rights to use the RTTC templates on as many concurrent sites as described in the matrix below. For example, a 3 month membership entitles you to use any RocketTheme template on a maximum of 2 sites. If you renew your membership for 1 year, you are entitled to use the templates on an additional 2 sites, for a maximum of 4 sites.

First, templates are referred to in the plural, then you are entitled to
      use any RocketTheme template on a maximum of 2 sites.
      Then we are again back to the plural
      you are entitled to use the templates on an additional 2 sites.

I have a three month membership. The confusion created is whether this means:

1) I can download and use only one template, but I can use it on two sites.

2) I can download and use only two different templates, whether they are on one site or two different sites. (Joomla allows different templates to be assigned to two different pages within the same site).

3) Any number of templates can be used, but you can only use the same template twice, on two different sites.

I really don't mean to be a hair splitter, but I think if anyone reflects carefully on how this is worded, any of these meanings are possible. Furthermore, It's not clear to me whether or not when I start downloading, I will be limited to 2 downloads. I need to try the templates out locally before using them.

Thanks! 8)
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Yet more confusion about # of templates

• You can download all the templates as many times as you like.
      You can use the templates on 2 sites (2 different URI's if you prefer)
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I think the wording has to be changed. before i signed up... i had to read it about 5 times to try and decipher what it meant.

even remus' reply isnt clear. ie.
      You can use the templates on 2 sites (2 different URI's if you prefer)

if i download all the templates... can i use each one on only 2 sites?? ;)

actually i think the answer is... you can download all the templates (you will have access to them all)... but you can only use two rockettheme templates on the www (any two).
      ... you can use any or all simultaneously on your pc test server.
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• You can use 2 templates on 2 sites. One template per site to a maximum of 2 sites.

A site being an individual URI (or www if you prefer - eg www.example.com ) [on a side note whenever using a URI for an example if you want to follow the W3C "rules" you should always use the URI of www.example.com example.net or example.org]

You can download to your local computer all available templates but can only use a maximum of 2 templaes on 2 joomla / mambo sites.
    • urj2ic8
    • Hero Rocketeer

• remus wrote:
      You can use 2 templates on 2 sites. One template per site to a maximum of 2 sites.

A site being an individual URI (or www if you prefer - eg www.example.com ) [on a side note whenever using a URI for an example if you want to follow the W3C "rules" you should always use the URI of www.example.com example.net or example.org]

You can download to your local computer all available templates but can only use a maximum of 2 templaes on 2 joomla / mambo sites.

just say you can use two templates at a time. period.
    • Billy Zoellers
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• i've modified this a few time to try to make it as clear as possible. I thought it was pretty clear now as the number of questions regarding this has dropped off dramatically. However, a few people still raise the question so i guess i'll revisit it to try to clarify some more. But i think you guys have the gist of it now.
  • Re: Yet more confusion about # of templates

• I am glad to see it isn't just me being overly analytical. ;D

I'd like to answer a number of other posts for a second, but won't quote.

Someone suggested going Pro. Yes, a good idea at some point, if you've got the money. But you people will always want to try before they buy. However, from what I've seen so far, these are the most advanced templates available.Others have said the restrictions on usage are "strangulatory" or something to that effect. Considering the service and the quality, the amount of work that goes into making them, the time and attention that's given in the forum and everywhere on Rocket Themes, that it seems like basically a good deal and that the people running it should be congratulated.......as should everyone who has posted to this forum!

But the value remains to be seen until the limitations are clarified, and none of the answers so far have completely clarified it. And nobody wants to break the rules or rip off Rocket Theme. I certainly don't and my motivation in starting this one of respect for other's hard work and talent and their right to be paid for it.

Is this it? Any number of different templates can be used, but you can only use any single template on two sites?

In other words, if I really like Pixel Perfect, I can only use it on two sites. If I want to continue to use Pixel Perfect on more sites, I should upgrade. However, with the same membership I could also use two each of Carbonite, Internette Gazette, Versatility, Mobius, and so on. Any number of individual style templates can be used, but each one limited to two Web sites.

Or is the limitation that you can only use two templates, and you can use the two templates on only two sites EACH? This would give you four sites. This seems to be what another reply to this post has indicated.

OR, you can use Rocket Theme templates on on two sites, period. This could be one template used on two different Web sites, or two templates each used once, however you want to slice it. If that's the case, it seems kinda tight.

Does anyone else see what I'm saying here? It's amazing that the language over something like this that's probably so very simple can get so convoluted!

PEACE. ;)
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• with 3 month membership you can run any template you choose from the choices available on two sites concurrently. you could run the same template on both sites, or different templates, but only 2 live production sites at one time. 1 year membership entitles you to 3. I'm not sure how much simpler i can state it, if anyone can express that in clearer terms and i'll gladly update the pages.
  • Re: Yet more confusion about # of templates

• I think this is very clear no matter how you do it, There will allways be some few who dont get it.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds