Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Suckerfish Menu system on custom template

• Suckerfish Menu system on custom template

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • All,

I have a question regarding the suckerfish menu system, and searching the boards hasn't helped. Hopefully someone here knows the answer.

Basically, I have a custom-built template for a site I'm working on that I built from scratch on my own. The only problem is the menu system needs to be the suckerfish-style menu that many of the Rockettheme templates use.

My question is: If I'm a member of the club, am I able to use JUST the menu system itself on my own templates?

If it is ok to do this, I need to know how to actually implement it. I've copied all the files needed for the menu system over, and done my best to call the mosShowListMenu() function in the right spot on my template, but it just doesn't seem to work. I basically get a fully-expanded view of my entire menu in list form, which obviously isn't going to work for me.

Can anyone provide me any information on this? Thank you in advance.

Re: Suckerfish Menu system on custom template

• I believe you may use the menu system on your own templates, as it says you can modify the templates to suit your purpose. But you cant claim you did it - the code from the templates are still Andy's.

But if you want to build a template from scratch there are many similar menu systems you could use so you could call your template your own.

Correct me if I am wrong Andy :)
  • Re: Suckerfish Menu system on custom template

• Hmm, well, I can't get it to work. Not sure wth I'm doing wrong. The CSS images aren't setup yet, however all it does is literally list out every item in the menu in list format. No rollovers or anything. Anything that I could blatently be missing here?
  • Re: Suckerfish Menu system on custom template

• Ok - never mind. I've gotten it into a somewhat working condition and it appears it's mainly CSS issues at this point. I'll leave that to our designer :p

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds