Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Published, then unpublished module causes SMF problem

• Published, then unpublished module causes SMF problem

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Hi Guys, I am using the SMF fire (snowfire). Everything was great until I installed Joomblog, and it automatically published some modules on the right. These were "tacked on" to the forum page, and so I unpublished them. Unfortunately, the forum now stays that width and overflows the template.

I have uninstalled all modules and even made sure nothing was published in the right position, but smf only is still staying too wide, as if the right modules were still there.

Any suggestions on where to look? Obviously unpublishing the right modules I have already done, any other suggestions on what files/css I need to check?
  • Re: Published, then unpublished module causes SMF problem

• Maybe you have done this already, but try clearing your cache as well as joomla's cache.

• thanks, i tried that but it didn't work. also, i just narrowed the problem a bit, it ONLY happens on the forum index page.
      by the way, i am using rt_fire (snowfire) with the rt smf theme. these are GREAT by the way.

So, is this a forum template issue that the index is not reverting back to the correct width, or a joomla template issue that it is reverting correctly? I would think forum, as it only happens on the forum index page. All other forum pages are the correct width.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Published, then unpublished module causes SMF problem

• wade, can you post a url so i can take a look?

• Andy Miller wrote:
      wade, can you post a url so i can take a look?

thanks, http://www.mywritinggroup.com

edit:still happening. very strange. any help appreciated. this does NOT happen on any other templates such as the default or babylon.
      bah! wish i could figure this out.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by Wade Arnold.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• hmm... i almost thing its something in the content that is forcing the width
      this at the bottom:

Recent Posts
      Genpets by Snowden (Happy Hour) Today at 05:52:35 PM
      Re: I am posting from my own computer!!! (I have NEVER done that in my life) by Snowden (Happy Hour

seems to be on one line, when surely it should wrap.

• well, i "fixed" this as I didn't want the forum to stay that way by reuploading the template for smf. the only problem is having two rt_fire selections in the SMF menu, but that is really a nit picky issue. I would still rather figure out why it was doing that strange thing though.I didn't notice that long subject line but I did post a new very long one and it has a "..." after a few words instead of putting the whole thing in there. I wonder if its this little part that was screwing things up?

I'll keep researching!
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• A long URL might do that too. Just a guess.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds